Friday, July 24, 2020

Saturday,July 25; PRAYER



July 25, Saturday
PRAYER
PSALM 16

I always put the Lord in front of me…

Psalm 16:8a (CEB)

            When my daughter began to swim, she did it with her head lifted up like a little dog.  It is difficult to coordinate breathing and the movement of the arms.  Lifting her head, breathing deeply and putting her head back in the water.  Then desperate, she stopped to breathe.

Watching her, I thought about the efforts that I also made to survive each day with only one breath of prayer in the morning, and before the day ended I felt exhausted. 

            Making the moments of prayer longer in the morning was not the solution.  

Finally my daughter learned to swim and I learned to lift my thoughts to God peacefully during the day.  The two of us were able to mature in our efforts when we learned the secret of the little details that help us to advance in life. 


Prayer: Heavenly Father, help me to live with you and for you, so that each task will be a prayer which rises in the name of your Son Jesus Christ.  Amen. 


Translated by Deborah McEachran


Julio 25,  sábado
LA ORACION
SALMO 16

Siempre tengo presente al Señor

Salmo 16:8

            Cuando mi hija empezó a nadar lo hacía con la cabeza levantada como un perrito. Se  le hacía difícil coordinar la respiración y el movimiento de los brazos. Levantaba su cabeza, respiraba profundo y ponía de nuevo su cara en el agua. Luego desesperada, se detenía para respirar.

            Al verla, pensaba en los esfuerzos que yo misma hacía para sobrevivir cada día con un solo respiro de oración por la mañana, pues antes que el día terminara me sentía agotada.

            El prolongar los momentos de oración por las mañanas no eran la solución.

            Al fin me hija aprendió a nadar y yo aprendí a elevar mis pensamientos a Dios tranquilamente durante el día. Las dos supimos madurar en nuestros esfuerzos cuando aprendimos el secreto de esos detalles pequeños que nos ayudan a avanzar en la vida.


Oración: Padre Celestial, ayúdame a vivir contigo y para ti, para que cada tarea sea una plegaria que se eleva en el nombre de tu Hijo Jesucristo, amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment