Thursday, July 16, 2020

Thursday, July 16; LORD, I'LL NEVER ABANDON YOU!



Thursday, July 16 
LORD, I’LL NEVER ABANDON YOU!
MARK 10:35-45

Not so with you.
Instead, whoever wants to become great among you
must be your servant.  (NIV)

Mark 10:43

Teach me, Lord, to abandon without feeling abandoned. I know you will never abandon me; instead, I’m not so sure if I’m able to give up what I should leave behind. I greatly admire Moses’ decision, who left Egypt without fearing the ire of the king. He gave up the Egyptian culture, its riches and all its allure, and it’s striking that he could do all that while still being there.    

I have left many useless things because of the Lord. I gladly gave up things that had no meaning for me. It’s very easy to sacrifice what we no longer want; but Moses left Egypt because of the Lord when he still found himself surrounded by all its attractiveness and allure.   

My God, I confess it’s very hard to decide, being surrounded by riches, popularity, influence or power. To see God in such moments is to have true faith. To decide in favor of God in such moments is to reject this world, as Jesus Christ did when he scorned Satan’s offer of all the kingdoms of the world.      

Lord, I know you will be in charge of separating me from everything that entraps me; but first you invite me to take the decision. You want me to love you and sufficiently trust in you to do it of my own accord.  

Prayer: Father, we ask you for the courage to always be at your side when faced by the temptations of this world. Amen.

Translated by John Walter


Julio 16, jueves 
SEÑOR ¡QUE NUNCA TE ABANDONE!
MARCOS  10:35-45

Pero no es así entre vosotros. Máás bien, cualquiera que anhele hacerse grande entre vosotros, será vuestro servidor

Marcos 10:43

            Enséñame, Señor, a abandonar sin sentirme abandonado. Sé que tú jamás  me abandonarás; en cambio no estoy tan seguro si soy capaz de abandonar lo que debo dejar. Admiro mucho la decisión de Moisés quien ...abandonó Egipto, sin temer la ira del rey; abandonó la cultura de Egipto, sus riquezas y todo su encanto. Y llama la atención que pudo hacer todo eso estando  todavía allí.

            Yo he dejado por causa del Señor muchos cosas que no valían la pena. Con gusto dejé cosas que ya no tenían ningún significado  para míí. Es muy fácil sacrificar lo que ya no nos apetece. Pero Moisés dejó a Egipto por causa del Señor cuando todavía se encontraba rodeado por todo su atractivo y encanto. Dios mío, confieso que es tan difícil decidir estando rodeado por riqueza, popularidad, influencia o poder. Ver a Dios en momentos así, es tener verdadera fe. Decidir a  favor de Dios en momentos así, es rechazar este mundo, así como lo hizo Jesucristo cuando desprecióó la oferta  que le hizo Satanás de  todos los reinos de la tierra.

            Señor, yo sé que tú te encargarás de separarme de todo lo que me atrapa, pero primero me invitas a tomar la decisión. Quieres que te ame y confíe en ti lo suficiente para hacerlo por mi propia voluntad.


Oración: Padre, te pedimos valor para siempre estar a tu lado ante las tentaciones de este mundo.  Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment