Sunday, January 24, 2021

 

January 24, Sunday

A NOTE OF THANKS

1 Corinthians 15:57

Always give thanks to God…

Ephesians 5:20  (CEB)

            Today when I got up, I heard in the patio of my home birds singing happily while the sun bathed its coat over all of creation.  Even in my bed, I heard the trill of the birds and out of my heart like an admiration-filled murmur came the expression, “Thank you Lord, for all that you give me today.”

            Today I do not want to lose the gratitude, because if I lose gratitude my heart will be full of brokenness and crying.  I want to raise my forehead and observe all of the little things that God shows me and gifts me.  Yes, today I will without a doubt find much anxiety and many problems, but before I put my eyes on them, I want to put my eyes on the gifts that God has given me and be able to exclaim: “Thank you to my Christ, who has given me so much.”

            Today I have a long way to go, but along the edge I will see little flowers that seem to greet me and say to me: “God has put us here to make your path happy.”  Already there will be enough time to see the stones and puddles in the path; but before this, I want to see the little details that will make me sing a note of thanks to the Creator.

            May the Lord make his face to shine upon us. 

 

Prayer: Thank you, Lord.  Your love is so special that each day I can feel it in the small and large demonstrations of your goodness.  Why do I forget your goodness and your love today? Let me lift up this note of thanks before you.  Amen. 

 

Translation by Deborah McEachran

 

 

Enero 24, domingo

UNA NOTA DE AGRADECIMIENTO

1 Corintios 15:57

Dando siempre gracias a Dios…

Efesios 5:20

            Hoy, cuando me levanté, escuché en el patio de mi casa los pájaros cantar alegremente mientras el sol bañaba con su manto toda la creación. Aun en mi cama, escuché el trinar de las aves y salió de mi corazón como un murmullo lleno de admiración la expresión: “Gracias Señor, por todo lo que  hoy me das”.

            Hoy no quiero perder el agradecimiento, porque si pierdo el agradecimiento mi corazón  se llenará de quebranto y llanto. Quiero levantar mi frente y observar todas las pequeñas cosas  que Dios me muestra y me regala. Sí, hoy encontraré sin dudas muchas angustias y problemas; pero antes de poner mis ojos en ellos, quiero ponerlos en los regalos que Dios me ha dado y poder exclamar: “Gracias a mi Cristo, que me ha dado tanto.”

            Hoy tengo mucho camino que recorrer, pero a la orilla veré las pequeñas flores que parecen saludarme y decirme: “Dios nos ha puesto aquí para alegrar tu camino.” Ya habrá tiempo suficiente para ver las piedras y charcos en el sendero; pero antes de eso, quiero ver los pequeños detalles que me harán cantar la nota de agradecimiento al Creador.

            Que el Señor haga resplandecer hoy su rostro sobre nosotros.

Oración: Gracias Señor. Tu amor es tan especial que cada día lo puedo sentir en las pequeñas y grandes demostraciones de tu bondad. ¿Por qué olvidarme hoy de tu bondad y tu amor? Déjame elevar ante ti esta nota de agradecimiento. Amén.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment