Thursday, January 28, 2021

 

JANUARY 28, THURSDAY

DON’T FEAR

Psalm 23

Don’t fear, because I am with you; don’t be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will surely help you; I will hold you with my righteous strong hand.

Isaiah 41:10 (CEB)

            Why not fear?  The whole world is afraid.  Everything that comes on the news is bad.  The news makes it so that one doesn’t want to leave home.

            The Bible says that the hearts of men faint from fear.  I am human, and it seems that there are many good reasons to be afraid. 

             The word “fear” is written in the Bible 365 times.  It is as if God were reminding us every day to live without fear.  I declare that no evil can threaten me because God is with me. God strengthens me and also lifts me up when I feel like I can not keep standing on my own. 

            Fear and faith have something in common:  both are based on something that we can not see.  Thus I have decided to believe in God.  I will believe in God more than I believe in things that scare me. 

            Miracles happen when I put more energy into what God tells me than into my fears. 

 

Prayer: Lord, you did not create me to have fear.  I can not have fear if I have you at my side.  When I feel that I have no strength, you give me your power.  Amen. 

 

Translation by Deborah McEachran

 

Enero 28, jueves

NO TEMAS

Salmo 23

No temas porque yo estoy contigo; no desmayes porque yo soy tu Dios que te esfuerzo; siempre te ayudaré, siempre te sustentaré con la diestra de mi justicia

Isaías 41:10

            ¿Por qué no temer? Todo el mundo tiene miedo. Todo lo que sale en las noticias es malo. Las noticias hacen que uno no quiera salir de casa.

            La Biblia dice que los corazones de los hombres desfallecen debido al temor. Yo soy humano, y parece que hay muy buenas razones para tener temor.

            La palabra “temor” está escrita en la Biblia 365 veces. Es como si Dios nos estuviera recordando cada día que viva sin temor. Declaro que ningún mal puede amenazarme porque Dios  está conmigo. Él me fortalece e incluso me levanta cuando siento que no puedo mantenerme en pie por mí mismo.

            El temor y la fe tienen algo en común: ambos se basan en algo que no podemos ver. Por lo tanto, decido creer en Dios. Creeré en Dios más  de lo que creo en las cosas que me asustan.

            Suceden milagros cuando pongo más energía en lo que Dios me dice que en mis temores.

 

Oración: Señor, tú no me creaste para tener temor. No puedo tener temor si te tengo a mi lado. Cuando siento que no tengo fuerzas, tú me das tu poder. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment