Friday, July 8, 2022

JULY 8

I AM THE LOST SHEEP

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.  (NIV)

Psalm 23:1

            Before me I have a photo of an immense flock of sheep that are going on a long journey. In the distance, a silhouette of the shepherd who is walking ahead is seen at the summit. Completely at the rear, and removed from the rest, one sees a tired and lost sheep.

            I always think I’m that sheep, and I look at the shepherd’s figure far away. Then I imagine that he stops and returns to recover me, to comfort me, put me across his shoulders and carry me back to the flock again. This image is a balm for those who suffer, for those who have been lost in sin or are discouraged because of always falling into the same mistakes. If this is happening to you, think about that flock of Christians who have such great difficulty in going forward in their journey which rises to the Lord. You believe you’re an individual among so many others, and very much alike them. But that’s not the way it is. God knows each one of us.

            The Shepherd, with the aim of restoring the lost one to the flock and bring it to the final destination, will descend to look for it as many times as needed,

            Don’t think he isn’t listening or is too faraway. The Lord always hears and will come to you in time if you call him from your heart. It’s not good for any stray being alone.

 

Prayer: I’m that sheep, Lord, who implores you to carry me on your shoulders and bring me back to the flock where I belong. Don’t abandon me. Amen.  

 

Translation by John Walter

 

 

JULIO 8

YO SOY LA OVEJA PERDIDA

Salmo 23

El Señor es mi pastor; nada me faltará

Salmo 23:1

            Tengo bajo mi vista la foto de un inmenso rebaño de ovejas que sube por un largo camino. A lo lejos, en la cumbre, se percibe la silueta del pastor que camina adelante. Completamente  atrás, muy alejada de las demás, se ve una oveja cansada o extraviada.

            Siempre pienso que esa oveja soy yo, y miro la figura del pastor que se halla a gran distancia. Entonces imagino que se detiene y vuelve atrás para recuperarme, confortarme, ponerme  sobre sus hombros y llevarme de nuevo junto al rebaño. Esta imagen es un socorro para todos los que sufren, para los que se han extraviado en el pecado o están desalentados  porque siempre vuelven a caer en las mismas faltas. Si esto le sucede, piense en ese rebaño de cristianos que tienen tanta dificultad para seguir adelante en el camino que sube hasta el Señor. Usted cree que es un individuo  en medio de tantos otros y semejante a muchos de ellos. Pero no es así. Dios conoce a cada uno. El Pastor hacia el cual se sube tan despacio bajará para buscarle tantas veces como sea necesario, con el objetivo de restituirle al rebaño y hacerle llegar al fin del camino.

            No piense que Él no le escucha, o que está demasiado lejos. El Señor siempre oye e irá a su encuentro a tiempo, si de corazón se le llama. No es bueno estar solo, cual oveja descarriada.

Oración: Soy esa oveja Señor, que implora que me cargues en tus hombros y me lleves de vuelta al rebaño, allí donde pertenezco. No me abandones. Amén.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment