Sunday, July 10, 2022

JULY 10

Anniversary of John Calvin’s birth

SOLID ROCK

Psalm 18

The Lord lives! Praise be to my rock! Exalted be God my Savior!  (NIV)

Psalm 18:46

            “I thank you, Lord God, for placing my feet upon your solid and firm path instead of allowing me to stumble aimlessly over foundations and shifting sand. You are my Lord, my strong rock, the base for an unshakeable life in you. You are the Messiah, Son of the living God. My eternal life is firmly built upon you, my rock. The powers of hell cannot prevail against you.

            “You, the sturdy rock, are the source of my salvation. There is no other that can save me from sin and error. I’m thankful I can plainly trust in you. O Lord. I will not allow space for doubt in my life because of your faithful love. A mind less convinced of your faithfulness is as unsettled as debris in the ocean, carried to and fro by stormy weather. I worship you, the only one who loves me all the time.

            “When anxiousness or tension assaults me, when scarcity of resources  and being stunned by danger strikes, I will continue my trust in you. 

            “When these things happen, I still find security and victory in you. Upon you, my solid rock, I will always stand.”

 

Prayer: Thank you Lord, my solid rock, for finding in you the strength and the help in my times of necessity. Amen.

 

Translation by John Walter

 

 

JULIO 10

Aniversario del Nacimiento de Juan Calvino

ROCA SOLIDA

Salmo 18

¡El Señor vive! ¡Alabada sea  mi roca! ¡Exaltado sea Dios mi Salvador!

Salmo 18:46

            “Te agradezco  Señor Dios, por establecer mis pies sobre tu sólida y firme senda, en lugar de permitir que yo tropiece sin rumbo fijo sobre cimientos y cambiante arena. Tú eres mi Señor, mi Roca fuerte, la base para una inquebrantable vida en ti. Tú  eres el Mesías, el Hijo del Dios viviente. Mi vida entera está firmemente construida en ti, mi Roca. Los poderes del infierno no pueden prevalecer contra ti.

            Tú, la Roca fuerte, eres la fuente de mi salvación. No hay otro quien pueda salvarme del pecado y del  error. Estoy agradecida de que pueda confiar plenamente  en ti, Oh Señor. A causa de tu fiel amor, no dejaré espacio en mi vida para la duda. Una mente poco convencida de tu fidelidad, está tan intranquila como desechos en el océano llevados de un lado a otro por el tiempo borrascoso. Te adoro, el Único que me ama todo el tiempo.

            Cuando la ansiedad o la tensión me asaltan, cuando ataca la escasez de recursos, cuando el peligro conmociona, yo continuaré confiando en ti.

            Cuando suceden estas cosas, todavía encuentro seguridad y victoria en ti. Sobre ti, mi Roca sólida, estaré de pie siempre.”

 

Oración: Gracias Señor, mi Roca sólida, por encontrar en ti la fuerza y la ayuda en mis tiempos de necesidad. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment