Sunday, February 26, 2023

February 26

Celebration of the Mission Church in Paraíso Obrero

LORD, I PRAISE YOU

It is good to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praises to your name, O Most High, to declare you steadfast love in the morning and your faithfulness by night

Psalms 92:1-2 (NRSV)

Lord how to tell you, with this humble intellect,

This emotion that I feel when I begin to write to you.

It makes it very hard to express why I praise you,

I would lack the words; I would not be able to praise you.

I praise you for your greatness, I praise you for your faith in me,

And because you died for me having done nothing to deserve it.

I praise you for being my teacher, my guide, my provider.

I praise you because I walk guided by your splendor.

 

I praise you when I am sad, I praise you when I am happy,

Because your Word has already created strong roots in me.

I praise you for allowing me to serve you with devotion.

Do not let the fire in my heart be extinguished.

 

I praise you every morning, I praise you at night,

For filling my whole being with your Spirit.

I praise you because I breathe and because I can see,

With both my open arms that I wish to offer you.

 

I praise you for filling my life and my heart with joy.

I want to praise you forever, my exalted and good Shepherd.

 

Prayer: I praise you, Lord, with my life and my faith. Amen.

 

Translation by Susan Metcalf Smith

 

Febrero 26

Celebración de la Iglesia dependiente en Paraíso Obrero

SEÑOR, YO TE ALABO

¡Cuán bueno es alabarte, Señor! Bueno es, altísimo, cantar salmos a tu Nombre, anunciar tu misericordia por la mañana y tu fidelidad  todas las noches

Salmo 92:1-2

Señor como decirte, con este humilde intelecto

Esta emoción que yo siento cuando comienzo a escribirte.

Se me hace bien difícil expresar por qué te alabo,

Me faltarían palabras, no alcanzarían halagos.

Te alabo por tu grandeza, te alabo por serme fiel

Y porque por mí moriste sin yo nada merecer.

Te alabo por ser mi maestro, mi guía, mi proveedor,

Te alabo porque camino guiada por tu esplendor.

Te alabo, cuando estoy triste, te alabo si soy feliz,

Porque tu Palabra en mí ya tiene fuertes raíces.

Te alabo por permitirme servirte con devoción

No dejes Tú que se apague el fuego en mi corazón.

Te alabo cada mañana, te alabo al anochecer

Por llenarme de tu Espíritu el alma todo mi ser.

Te alabo porque respiro y porque puedo yo ver

Por mis dos brazos abiertos que a ti quiero yo ofrecer.

Te alabo al llenar de gozo mi vida y mi corazón

Quiero alabarte por siempre mi exaltado y buen Pastor.

 

Oración: Yo te alabo, Señor, con mi vida y mi fe. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment