Sunday, January 29, 2017

Sunday, January 29 THE FLOCK PSALM 23

Sunday, January 29
THE FLOCK
PSALM 23

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
Psalm 23:1

I have in front of my eyes a photo of an immense flock of sheep that is climbing a long path.  In the background, at the top, the silhouette of a shepherd can be seen walking ahead.  Completely at the rear, very separated from the rest, there is a single tired or lost sheep.

I always think that I am that sheep, and I look at the figure of the shepherd who is at a great distance.  Then I imagine that he stops and turns back to find me, to comfort me, to place me upon his shoulders and to take me back to the flock. This image helps those who are suffering, those who have lost their way, or who are discouraged because they keep falling into the same holes.

If this is happening to you, think about that flock of Christians who have such difficulty in moving forward on the way that leads up to the Lord.  You think that you are only one person amid so many others and that you are like many of them.  But this is not the case.  God knows each one of us. The Shepherd towards whom one climbs so slowly will come down to look for you as often as needed, with the objective of restoring you to the flock and of leading you to the end of the path, behind Him.

But you must call out to Him and ask Him to do this; don’t think that He doesn’t hear you, or that He is too far away.  The Lord always listens and will come to meet you in time, if you sincerely call out to Him. It is not good to be alone, like a lost sheep. 


Prayer: I am that sheep, Lord, who implores you to carry me on your shoulders and to return me to the flock, to where I belong.  Do not abandon me.  Amen.



translated by Elisa Menocal

EL REBAÑO
SALMO 23

El Señor es mi pastor; nada me faltará
Salmo 23:1

Tengo bajo mi vista la foto de un inmenso rebaño de ovejas que sube por un largo camino. A lo lejos, en la cumbre, se percibe la silueta del pastor que camina adelante. Completamente  atrás, muy alejada de las demás, se ve una oveja cansada o extraviada.
Siempre pienso que esa oveja soy yo, y miro la figura del pastor que se halla a gran distancia. Entonces imagino que se detiene y vuelve atrás para recuperarme, confortarme, ponerme  sobre sus hombros y llevarme de nuevo junto al rebaño. Esta imagen es un socorro para todos los que sufren, para los que se han extraviado en el camino, o están desalentados  porque siempre vuelven a caer en las mismas faltas. Si esto le sucede, piensa en ese rebaño de cristianos que tienen tanta dificultad para seguir adelante en el camino que sube hasta el Señor. Usted cree que es un individuo  en medio de tantos otros y semejante a muchos de ellos. Pero no es así. Dios conoce a cada uno. El Pastor hacia el cual se sube tan despacio bajará para buscarle tantas veces como sea necesario, con el objetivo de restituirle al rebaño y hacerle llegar al fin del camino, detrás de Él.
Pero es necesario llamarle y pedírselo: no piense que Él no le escucha, o que está demasiado lejos. El Señor siempre oye e irá a su encuentro a tiempo, si de corazón se le llama. No es bueno estar solo, cual oveja descarriada.


Oración: Soy esa oveja Señor, que implora que me cargues en tus hombros y me lleves de vuelta al rebaño, allí donde pertenezco. No me abandones. Amén.  



No comments:

Post a Comment