Sunday, January 8, 2017

Sunday, January 8 Anniversary of the Church in Taguasco THE STORY OF THE BUTTERFLY JAMES 1:1-11


Sunday, January 8

Anniversary of the Church in Taguasco



 THE STORY OF THE BUTTERFLY

JAMES 1:1-11

My brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of any kind, consider it nothing but joy, because you know that the testing of your faith produces endurance.

James 1:2,3



Let’s think about the following story: “One day, a caterpillar appeared in a small opening; a man sat in front of it and watched how it struggled to get its body through the small hole. After a while it appeared that the caterpillar, despite all its efforts, was going nowhere. Then the man decided to help the caterpillar and enlarged the hole. A butterfly emerged without difficulty, but its body was weak. The man kept watching, hoping that any moment it would take flight. But nothing worked. The truth is that the butterfly spent all its life dragging itself around on the ground. It was incapable of rising in flight.



Despite his best intentions in wanting to help the butterfly, what the man didn’t understand is that, by exerting great force to squeeze through the little hole, vital fluids are distributed and extended through all parts of the body that require the strength to fly. By passing through the opening without that exertion, the wings didn’t receive the necessary substance.



Sometimes, we too need exertion and difficulty. If God were to allow us to pass through our lives without obstacles, we would remain weak. We would never be able to fly. I once saw this text which I share with you today:  



I asked for strength, and God gave me difficulties to make me strong. I asked for wisdom, and God gave me problems to solve. I asked for prosperity, and God gave me intelligence and muscles to work. I asked for courage, and God gave me obstacles to overcome. I asked for love, and God gave me people with problems to help. I got nothing for which I asked, but I have gotten everything that I have needed.



Prayer: Thank you, Jesus, for the work that you do in us every day so that we become better. Teach us to listen to you and to obey you.  Amen.



Translated by John Potter

Aniversario de la Iglesia en Taguasco

 LA LECCIÓN DE LA MARIPOSA
SANTIAGO 1:1-11
Hermanos míos, tened por zumo gozo cuando os halléis en diversas pruebas, sabiendo que la prueba de vuestra fe produce paciencia
Santiago 1:2,3

Reflexionemos sobre  la siguiente historia: "Un día, en una  pequeña abertura apareció una oruga; un hombre se sentó frente a ella y observaba cómo se esforzaba para hacer que su cuerpo saliera a través de aquel pequeño agujero. Llegó un momento en que pareció que la oruga, a pesar de su esfuerzo, no avanzaba nada. Entonces el hombre decidió ayudar a la oruga y agrandó el agujero. La mariposa salió sin dificultad. Pero su cuerpo estaba débil... El hombre continuó observándola esperando que en cualquier momento emprendiera el vuelo. Pero nada sucedió. La verdad es que la mariposa pasó toda la vida arrastrándose por el suelo. Fue incapaz de elevar el vuelo. Lo que el hombre, que con toda su buena voluntad quiso ayudar a la mariposa, no entendía, es que al hacer un gran esfuerzo para atravesar el pequeño agujero, los jugos vitales se iban distribuyendo y extendiendo por las partes del cuerpo que requerían fortaleza para volar. Al pasar el agujero sin ese esfuerzo, las alas no recibieron la sustancia necesaria.” A veces también nosotros necesitamos el esfuerzo y la dificultad. Si Dios nos permitiera pasar por nuestras vidas sin obstáculos, quedaríamos débiles. Nunca podríamos llegar a volar. Encontré una vez este texto que hoy también comparto con ustedes: Pedí fuerza y Dios me dio la dificultades para hacerme fuerte. Pedí sabiduría y Dios me dio problemas por resolver. Pedí prosperidad y Dios me dio inteligencia y músculos para trabajar. Pedí coraje y Dios me dio obstáculos para superar. Pedí amor y Dios me dio personas con problemas a quienes ayudar. No recibí nada de lo que pedí...pero he recibido todo lo que necesitaba

Oración: Gracias Jesús, por el trabajo que día a día haces en nosotros con el fin de que seamos mejores. Enséñanos a escucharte y obedecerte. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment