Saturday, March 25, 2017

Saturday, March 25 Anniversary of the Church “Edward A. Odell” (Camajuaní) GOD IS FAITHFUL PSALM 4

Saturday, March 25
Anniversary of the Church “Edward A. Odell” (Camajuaní)

GOD IS FAITHFUL
PSALM 4

If we are unfaithful, He remains faithful
Psalm 4:4

The first time I had the opportunity to pray to the Lord was at my father’s death, and notwithstanding his answer to my prayer, I did not immediately surrender my life to Him. A week later, my mother was diagnosed with oral cancer.  An immense pain shattered my heart, which had yet to recover from the loss it had just suffered.  The day that she was scheduled for an operation on the affected areas, I woke up at dawn to the sound of an inner voice telling me not to take her to get that operation, and to seek help in the Cancer Hospital instead. I paid it no heed and even though I was shaken, I fell asleep again and woke up again with that idea fixed in my mind.  I then got up, called my mother and told her what had happened to me.  In the end, we did not go to the operation; I did what my heart had told me to do. To my surprise, it turned out that my mother had not needed the surgery and was healed by a medical treatment that they gave her.

I confess to you today that I did not surrender my life to Christ on that occasion either.  And yet I feel that He remained faithful and was calling me daily to follow his footsteps. Our unfaithfulness to God should only leave us feeling ashamed and remorseful.  Considering God’s faithfulness, our hearts are filled with respect and infinite love.


Prayer: Lord, thank you for your faithfulness.  I pray for those who have yet to hear your sweet and loving voice when you speak to them.  In Christ Jesus, our Lord.  Amen.

Translation by Elisa Menocal


Aniversario de la Iglesia “Edward A. Odell” (Camajuaní)

DIOS ES FIEL
SALMO 4

Si fuéramos infieles, Él permanece fiel
Salmo 4: 4

Tuve la oportunidad de clamar al Señor por vez primera en la muerte de mi padre, y a pesar de ver su respuesta a mi oración no entregué mi vida a Él de inmediato.
A la semana siguiente a mi madre la diagnosticaron un cáncer bucal, un dolor inmenso colmó mi corazón que aún no se había recuperado de la pérdida sufrida. El día que se programó la operación para quitar las zonas afectadas, desperté en la madrugada escuchando una voz interior que me decía que no la llevara a esa operación y buscara ayuda en el Hospital de Oncología. No hice caso y aunque asombrada, volví a quedarme dormida y una vez más me desperté con esa idea fija en mi mente. Entonces me levanté, llamé a mi madre y le conté lo que me había sucedido. Al final, no fuimos a la operación, hice lo que me indicó mi corazón. Para mi sorpresa, mi madre finalmente no necesitaba de esa cirugía y fue sanada con un tratamiento médico que le pusieron. Hoy les confieso, que tampoco en esa ocasión entregué mi vida a Cristo, sin embargo siento que Él permaneció fiel y llamándome cada día a seguir sus pisadas. Ante nuestra infidelidad para con Dios, sólo podemos sentir vergüenza y arrepentimiento. Ante la fidelidad de Dios, nuestro corazón se llena de respeto y amor infinito.

Oración: Señor gracias por tu fidelidad. Te ruego por los que aún no escuchan tu voz dulce y amorosa cuando les hablan. En Cristo Jesús nuestro Señor. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment