Monday, March 13, 2017

Monday, March 13 THOSE WHO LOVE GOD SHALL NOT SUFFER WANT MATTHEW 25:14-26

Monday, March 13
THOSE WHO LOVE GOD
SHALL NOT SUFFER WANT

MATTHEW 25:14-26

Well done, good and faithful servant.
You have been faithful with a few things:
I will put you in charge of many things.

Matthew 25:21

As a small child, I used to spend my vacations in the countryside at my maternal grandmother’s house. It was a beautiful time for me, and I delighted in being surrounded by nature. In the window of the room where I slept there was an anon tree, and I took my midday nap watching its leaves move with the wind.

I always wanted to live in a house where I could contemplate trees from the window of my bedroom. This was one of my dreams. But I lived in the city, and as such it was very hard to make that dream come true.

When I came to know the Lord, I lived in an apartment surrounded by buildings; but in a few months, I’d already gathered a group of brothers who met in the small living room of my house. After four years of having opened the doors of my house in service to the Lord, God gifted me with an ample house with a spacious patio for the weekly gathering of my brothers, and from the two windows I could see lush trees. At times, I feel that God hasn’t forgotten either my dreams or me.

We shouldn’t endeavor to be faithful to God just to receive his blessings; but the joy we experience when we are in communion with Him is immense.

Prayer:  Thank you, Lord, because you make the dreams of your sons and daughters come true. Help us to be faithful to you and deserving of this. Amen.

Translated by John Walter


LOS QUE AMAN A DIOS NO TENDRÁN FALTA
DE NINGÚN BIEN

MATEO 25:14-26

Bien, buen siervo y fiel, sobre poco has sido fiel,
sobre mucho te pondré

Mateo  25: 21

De pequeña solía ir al campo a casa de mi abuela materna a pasar las vacaciones. Era un tiempo hermoso para mí y mi deleite era estar rodeada de la naturaleza. En la ventana del cuarto donde dormía había un árbol de Anón y mirando moverse sus hojas con el viento dormía mi siesta del mediodía.
Siempre desee vivir en una casa que pudiera contemplar algún árbol desde la ventana de mi cuarto, ese era uno de mis sueños. Pero vivía en la Ciudad y por tanto, me era muy difícil hacer realidad aquel sueño.
Cuando conocí al Señor vivía en un apartamento rodeada de edificios, pero en unos pocos meses ya tenía un grupo de hermanos reuniéndonos en la pequeña salita de mi casa. A los 4 años de abrir las puertas de mi hogar para servir al Señor, Dios me regaló una casa amplia con un buen patio para la reunión semanal de mis hermanos y desde las dos ventanas de mi cuarto diviso árboles frondosos. A veces siento que Dios no se olvidó de mis sueños, ni yo.
No debemos procurar fidelidad a Dios para recibir sus bendiciones, pero es inmensa la alegría que se experimenta cuando estamos en comunión con Él.

Oración: Gracias Señor, porque haces realidad los sueños de tus hijos y tus hijas. Ayúdanos a serte fieles para merecerlo. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment