Sunday, March 26, 2017

Sunday, March 26 GOD PREPARES US IN THE WOMB ISAIAH 49:1-3

Sunday, March 26
GOD PREPARES US IN THE WOMB
ISAIAH 49:1-3
Before I was born the LORD called me; from my birth, he has made mention of my name.

Isaiah 49:1

I have always felt great pleasure to be surrounded by the elderly. Even since I was a girl, my mother’s closest friends were mine as well.  But I was far from suspecting that this was something for which God was preparing me.

Once I had had an encounter with God and was going to His church, there, too, the elderly became my priority.  And I had no idea that churches had ministries for the elderly. 

When the pastor interviewed me before my baptism, he asked me: From what you’ve seen and your service in our church, what do you think might be your God-given gift?

The Holy Spirit immediately spoke for me, and I replied:  working with the elderly. The pastor was surprised by my response because that was a ministry which was not being practiced in our congregation.  I was able to start it up and to provide its leadership.  Today the elderly feel great affection for me, and I for them. I am infinitely grateful to God for this calling to serve Him.


Prayer: Thank you, my God, for the gifts and talents which you give us so that we can feel your presence through them.  Work in those who have yet to discover their own.  Thank you for calling us from our mother’s wombs. Amen

Translation by Elisa Menocal

DIOS NOS PREPARA DESDE EL VIENTRE
ISAÍAS 49:1-3

Jehová me llamó desde el vientre, desde las entrañas
de mi madre tuvo mi nombre en memoria

Isaías 49:1

Siempre sentí gran afinidad por estar rodeada de ancianos, aun desde niña las mejores amistades de mi madre eran también las mías, pero estaba muy lejos de sospechar que era algo para lo que Dios me estaba preparando.
Al tener un encuentro con Dios y llegar a su iglesia también ahí las personas ancianas fueron mi prioridad y ni me imaginaba que existía un ministerio de la tercera edad en las iglesias.
En la entrevista que me hiciera el Pastor antes de mi bautizo me preguntó: ¿de lo que has visto y servido en la iglesia, cuál crees que sea el don que Dios te ha regalado?
El Espíritu Santo habló de inmediato por mí, y contesté: trabajar con la tercera edad,
El pastor se sorprendió con mi respuesta pues ese ministerio, no estaba siendo desarrollado en la iglesia. Yo pude iniciarlo y ser su líder. Hoy los ancianos sienten gran amor por mí y yo por ellos. Agradezco infinitamente a Dios por su llamado a servirle.



Oración: Gracias mi Dios por los dones y talentos que nos regalas para sentirte a través de ellos. Obra en aquellos que aún no han descubierto los suyos. Gracias porque tú nos llamas desde el vientre de nuestra madre. Amén. 

No comments:

Post a Comment