Monday, August 3, 2020

Monday, August 3; WALKING IS THE BEST EXERCISE




Monday, August 3
Anniversary of the “Rev. Evaristo Collazo” Church (Remedios)
WALKING IS THE BEST EXERCISE
I Timothy 4: 6-10

“...stay away from such”.

I Timothy 6: 5b (Reina Valera)

Walk away from arguments that don't lead you
anywhere but into anger

Walk away from people who freely put you down

Walk away from any thought that reduces your value

Walk away from failures and fears
that paralyze your dreams

Walk away from people who don't care about you
and who are opportunistic

The more you walk away from things
that poison your soul, the happier your life will be


So, walk . . .

Prayer: Beloved God, thank you for each of the blessings that you have placed in my life. Lord, I put this day into your hands praying that your will may be done in me. In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.


Translation by John Potter


Agosto 3,  lunes
Aniversario de la Iglesia  “Rev. Evaristo Collazo” (Remedios)
CAMINAR ES EL MEJOR EJERCICIO
I Timoteo 4: 6-10

“...apártate de los tales””.

I Timoteo 6:  5b

Camina lejos de discusiones que no te llevan
a ningún otro lado más que al enojo

Camina lejos de gente que liberadamente te minimiza

Camina lejos de cualquier pensamiento que reduce tu valor

Camina lejos de los fracasos y temores
que paralizan tus sueños

Camina lejos de la gente que no se interesan en ti
y son oportunistas

Mientras más camines lejos de las cosas
que envenenan tu alma, tu vida será más feliz

Así que, camina….

Oración: Gracias amado Dios, por cada una de las bendiciones que has puesto en mi vida. Señor, pongo en tus manos esta jornada de hoy para pedirte que se haga tu voluntad en mí. En el nombre del Padre, del Hijo y del Espíritu Santo. Amén.

1 comment:

  1. John- I just love not only your translation, but that of reina valera 1995. This speaks powerfully to me as a good and God companion to my daily walks.

    ReplyDelete