Monday, November 15, 2021

Monday, November 15

FAITH TO OVERCOME

1 John 5:1-4

For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world.

1 John 5:4

            Lord, in my bad days I look for you; in my good days I think of you, in my great days I praise you, and in all my days I need you. Teach us to walk through the swirling waters when we doubt, when we lack the faith to follow you. Do not stop looking after us as you looked at Peter, with that sweet look and with that word that lifts our soul: why did you doubt, man of little faith?

            If only he kept believing, Peter could have walked the entire distance to Jesus. This is what happens to us many times on our pilgrimage, but we know that if we stand the test, we will receive the crown of life, that which God has promised to those who love him. Every difficult moment of our existence, every illness, need, anguish and pain, is an opportunity for our Eternal Father to manifest his grace in us and fill us with faith. We will walk through the raging seas that with their fierceness try to defeat our joy. But finally, we will cry out in faith, “I can do everything in Christ who strengthens me.”

 

Prayer: God, today I ask you to enlighten my journey, that nothing separates me from your love. Deliver me from falling into temptations and from sinning against you. Give me strength, Lord. I need you more than yesterday. Situations are difficult and many times I don’t know how to make decisions let your will be done. Amen.

 

Translation by John Walter

 

Noviembre 15, lunes

FE PARA VENCER

1 Juan 5:1-4

Porque todo lo que es nacido de Dios vence al mundo, y esta es la victoria que ha vencido al mundo, nuestra fe.

1 Juan 5:4

            Señor, en mis días malos te busco, en mis días buenos te agradezco, en mis grandes días te alabo y todos mis días te necesito. Enséñanos a caminar por las aguas agrietadas, cuando dudamos, cuando nos falta la fe para seguir en pos de ti. No dejes de mirarnos como miraste a Pedro, con esa mirada dulce y con esa palabra que levanta nuestra alma: ¿Por qué dudaste, hombre de poca fe?

            Pedro podría haber caminado toda la distancia hasta Jesús, si sólo hubiese permanecido creyendo. Así nos pasa muchas veces en nuestro peregrinar; pero sabemos que si resistimos la prueba, recibiremos la corona de vida, esa que Dios ha prometido a los que le aman. Cada momento difícil de nuestra existencia, cada enfermedad, necesidad, angustia y dolor, es una oportunidad para que nuestro Padre Eterno manifieste en nosotros su gracia y nos llene de fe. Caminaremos por mares embravecidos que con su fiereza quieran arrancar nuestra alegría. Pero al final gritaremos con fe: ¡Todo lo puedo en Cristo que me fortalece!

 

Oración: Dios, hoy te pido que ilumines mi caminar, que nada me aparte de tu amor. Líbrame de caer en tentaciones y de pecar contra ti. Dame fuerzas, Seññor. Te necesito más que ayer. Las situaciones son difíciles y muchas veces no sé cómo tomar las decisiones. Que se haga tu voluntad. Amén

No comments:

Post a Comment