Thursday, November 18, 2021

Thursday, November 18

SUFFICIENT GRACE

Ephesians 2:1-10

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God

Ephesians 2:8 (NRSV)

            A beautiful dawn is rising in my window, the fresh breeze brushes my face like a gentle caress that brings calm and peace to my soul. I’m on my knees in the presence of the Lord giving infinite thanks for being his child and for allowing me to know him in the intimate and daily aspects of my life. I give thanks for another day of my life and for sustaining my family with hands filled with love, for such tenderness, for forgiving me for coming before his presence every time I fall, seeking him to restore me once again. It is a special moment when you feel his forgiveness, when you feel his love and mercy coming together in the grace sufficient to sustain us all our days. Grace is unmerited mercy, it’s goodness, the Father’s magnanimity towards us who, by sending his only begotten Son to die for us, fulfills divine will, the redeeming work of the cross. We can obtain it neither by our merit nor by our works. We did not and do not deserve it. But it has been abundantly given to us for our salvation, capable of covering the most horrendous and excessive sin. My hope rests in the sufficiency of his grace.

 

Prayer: My God, I wait in silence for you, for my victory comes from you, and only you place wisdom in my thoughts. Guide my steps and my life. Keep me from danger, and help me to make the wisest decisions. Amen.

 

Translation by John Potter

 

 

Noviembre 18,  jueves

GRACIA SUFICIENTE

Efesios 2:1-10

Porque por gracia sois salvos por medio de la fe; y esto no es de vosotros, pues es don de Dios.

Efesios 2:8

            Un bello amanecer surge en mi ventana, la brisa fresca roza mi cara como una caricia apacible que trae calma y paz a mi alma. Es que  estoy de rodillas en la presencia del Seños, dando infinitas gracias por ser su hijo y por permitirme conocerle en lo íntimo y diario de mi vivir. Agradecido por un día más de vida y por sostener a mi familia con sus manos llenas de amor, por tanta ternura, por perdonarme cuando vengo delante de su presencia cada vez  que caigo, buscando que me restaure otra vez. Es un momento especial cuando sientes su perdón, cuando sientes que su amor y misericordia convergen hacia la gracia suficiente que nos sostiene todos los días. Gracia es favor inmerecido, es la bondad, la magnanimidad del Padre hacia nosotros, que enviando a su Hijo Unigénito para morir por nuestros pecados cumple la voluntad divina, la obra redentora de la cruz. No podemos obtenerla por nuestros méritos, ni por nuestras obras. No la merecíamos y no la merecemos. Pero nos ha sido otorgado abundantemente para salvación, siendo capaz de cubrir el más horrendo y excesivo pecado. Mi esperanza reposa en la suficiencia de su gracia.

 

Oración: Dios mío, espero en silencio por ti, porque de ti proviene mi victoria y sólo tú pones en mis pensamientos la sabiduría. Guía mis pasos y mi vida. Apártame del peligro y ayúdame a tomar las más sabias decisiones. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment