Saturday, August 13, 2022

AUGUST 13

PRAYER OF A SINNER

Psalm 102:1-2

Hear my prayer, Lord, let my cry for help come to you.

Psalm 102:1 (NIV)

            “Lord, owner of my life, this sinner prays for understanding. Satisfy the anxieties for forgiveness my soul feels with your infinite love and compassion. Sin, Oh God, consumes me, even to the marrow of my bones, and only your understanding and infinite love are the medicine able to cure this evil that destroys me. Don’t turn your back to me, God of my being. You, Holy Father, are the reason for my existence, your compassion is the spiritual peace that sustains me, your understanding is the tender love a desperate son needs from his Father.     

            My soul within me is greatly shaken by the sins that consume it. May I see your face again. Reach out your saving hand toward me before the quagmire which I’m sinking in completely covers my body.  

            Don’t blame me for my sins, Oh God, because within me is the doer I reject. Therefore, I ask in your holy mercy that you teach me to do and always understand your will. Judge me, Oh Lord, with your infinite power in your Supreme Tribunal of the heavens and save me by your mercy, for upon my shoulders I bear the immense burden of my painful existence. Amen.”     

 

Prayer: Lord, hear the prayer of your sinning sons. Attend to our call of desperation for your forgiveness. Thank you for always being that loving Father that welcomes the prodigal son. Amen.

 

Translation by John Walter

 

AGOSTO 13

ORACION DE UN PECADOR

Salmo 102:1-2

Jehová, escucha mi oración. Y llegue a ti mi clamor

Salmo 102:1

            “Señor, dueño de mi vida, este pecador te ruega comprensión, satisface las ansias de perdón que siente mi alma con tu infinito amor y compasión. El pecado ¡oh Dios! me consume hasta los tuétanos de mis huesos; y solo tu comprensión e infinito amor son  la medicina capaz  de curar este mal que me destruye. No me des las espaldas, Dios de mi ser. Tú, Padre Santo, eres la razón de mi existencia;  tu compasión es  la paz espiritual que me sostiene, tu comprensión es el tierno amor que un hijo desesperado necesita de su Padre.

            Mi alma está grandemente abatida dentro de mí por los grandes pecados que la consumen. Vuelve tu rostro, extiende hacia mí tu mano salvadora, antes que la tembladera en que me estoy hundiendo cubra por completo este cuerpo.

            No me culpes ¡oh Dios! por mis pecados; porque dentro de mí  está el hacer lo que no quiero. Por eso te ruego en tu santa piedad que me enseñes a hacer y comprender siempre tu voluntad. Júzgame Señor, con tu poder infinito en el Tribunal Supremo de los cielos y sálvame por tu misericordia, que sobre  mis hombros llevo la inmensa carga de mi dolida existencia. Amén.”

 

Oración: Señor, oye la oración de nosotros, tus hijos pecadores. Acude a nuestro llamado de desesperación por tu perdón. Gracias que siempre eres ese padre amoroso que acoge al hijo pródigo. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment