Sunday, July 9, 2023


Sunday, July 9

KEEP ME STRONG JESUS!

Matthew 11: 25-30

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”  (NIV)

Matthew 11:28

Our lives are full of stress, a malady my grandfather and grandmother didn’t know. Depression is another illness that is every day more  common. Stress and depression are two pebbles in the shoes of some people I know, and these stones  make it harder for them to walk in life.

Jesus calls us to lay the burdens of our work on him, the illnesses and aches  of material want, including injustices, that at times we have no solution for, in addition to other burdens. It doesn’t mean that the burdens disappear, but yes, they are made more bearable and lighter.        

Eliminating difficulties has no formula, they form part of our existence. But it is one thing to immerse yourself, and quite another to face them.

In Jesus’ hand they fare much better. Therefore, my brother or sister, if today you find yourself stressed and depressed, do this; hold onto the hand of Jesus. He invites you, especially for you today, to “Come to me.”

 

Prayer: I place myself in your hands, Jesus; especially at those times when I most need you. Hold me firmly and don’t allow me to falter. Amen.  

 

Translation by John Walter

 

Domingo, 9 de Julio

¡Sosténme fuerte , Jesús!

Mateo 11: 25-30

Vengan a mí todos los que estén trabajados y cargados, y yo les haré descansar.

Mateo 11:28

Nuestra vida está llena de estrés, una enfermedad que misabuelos y abuelas no conocieron. Otra enfermedad cadadía más común es la depresión. El estrés y la depresión sondos piedras en el zapato de algunas personas que conozco y estas piedras les dificultan caminar en paz por la vida.

Jesús nos llama a descansar en Él las cargas de nuestros trabajos, las enfermedades y achaques de las carencias materiales y las injusticias que a veces no sabemos cómo solucionar. También muchas otras cargas. No significa quelas cargas desaparezcan, pero sí se hacen más llevaderas.

No existen fórmulas para desaparecer las dificultades, estas forman parte de nuestra existencia. Pero una cosa essumergirse y otra muy distinta es afrontarlos.

De la mano de Jesús se enfrentan mucho mejor. Por eso, si hoy te encuentras estresado y deprimido hermano o hermana mía; agárrate a la mano de Jesús. Hoy especialmente a ti te invita: “Ven a mí”

 

Oración: Jesús, me pongo en tus manos. Especialmente en esos momentos que más necesito de ti, sostenme fuertemente y no me sueltes. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment