Saturday, August 24, 2019

Saturday, August 24 JESUS PRESENT IN OUR LIFE COLOSSIANS 3:12-17


Saturday, August 24
JESUS PRESENT IN OUR LIFE
COLOSSIANS 3:12-17

And whatever you so, whether in word or deed,
do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Colossians 3:17 (NIV)

One morning after praying and meditating, I thought how I would like to be able to see Jesus here and now, in the living room of my house. When I opened my eyes, I saw a pile of clean clothes that my husband had folded and left on the sofa. I realized that I was seeing Jesus in what my husband had lovingly done.
Any time there is an action caused by love, Jesus is there. To see Jesus, it is enough to look at the loving actions of people around us.
When our adult children call home to chat, Jesus is there. When my husband and I share household tasks, Jesus is there. When I take my elderly mother for a walk or to the doctor, Jesus is there, too. When we recognize Christ’s presence in everyday moments of love and goodness, our hearts can share the extraordinary love of Jesus with the whole world. We can experience Jesus’ presence in the most common moments of our lives, which can also be the most special ones.

Prayer:  Dear Lord, help me to see and reflect your love in every event of my life. Amen.

Translation by George Meek

JESÚS PRESENTE EN NUESTRA VIDA
COLOSENSES 3:12-17

Y todo lo que hacéis, sea de palabra o de hecho,
hacedlo todo en el nombre del Señor Jesús,
dando gracias a Dios Padre por medio de él.
Colosenses 3:17

Una mañana después de orar y meditar, pensé en  cómo me gustaría poder ver a Jesús ahora mismo, aquí, en medio de la sala de mi casa. Cuando abrí los ojos, mi vista se posó en una pila de ropa limpia que mi esposo había doblado y dejado en el sofá. Me di cuenta de que estaba viendo a Jesús en lo que mi esposo amorosamente había hecho.
Siempre que ocurre una acción provocada por el amor, allí está Jesús. Para ver a Jesús, basta con mirar las acciones diarias de amor que hace la gente que nos rodea.
Cuando nuestros hijos adultos nos llaman a casa, sólo para conversar, Jesús está ahí. Cuando mi esposo y yo nos responsabilizamos por igual con las tareas del hogar, ahí está Jesús. Cuando llevo a mi madre anciana de paseo, o al médico, Jesús también está ahí. Cuando reconocemos la presencia de Cristo en los momentos cotidianos de amor y bondad, nuestro corazón puede compartir el extraordinario amor de Jesús con todo el mundo. Podemos experimentar la presencia de Jesús en los momentos más comunes de nuestra vida, que pueden ser también los más especiales.

Oración:  Querido Señor, ayúdame a ver y reflejar tu amor en todos los eventos de mi vida. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment