Tuesday, September 15, 2020

 

 

September 15, Tuesday

THE PSALMS: READINGS FOR MEDITATION

PSALM 18

He said, I love you, Lord, my strength.

Psalm 18:1 (CEB)

                         The Psalms are hymns of love, hope and faith; that is why we read them full of ineffable peace.

             In the moments we flee the daily bustle to take refuge in reading it, we seem to hear the message of the Lord loaded with happiness, peace and pardon; that is to say, the answer we have been waiting for to end our needs seems to come to us.

             In each Psalm there is a reason for joy and life, because of this we are able to exclaim: “God and my defender… have compassion on me, listen to my prayer” “Come Lord, save me for your love, I want to worship you with my whole heart”. “I looked for my refuge in the Lord” “Take care of me oh God, in you I seek protection. You are my Lord, my wellbeing” “You Lord are my strength … You are my protector, my shelter, my liberator, my God” “Lord, in you I seek protection … You are my rock and my castle”. “The Lord is great. Our God is worthy of praise”.

             The Psalms occupy the central part of your Bible, look at, read it, meditate on its message, underline the part that impresses you most and try to interpret its message.

 

 Prayer: Thank you Lord, we give you thanks for all you give us and teach us. Amen.

 

Translation by Pat Metcalf

 

Septiembre 15,  martes

LOS  SALMOS: LECTURAS PARA MEDITACION

SALMO 18

Te amo, oh Jehová, fortaleza mía.

Salmo 18:1

             Los Salmos son himnos de amor, esperanza y fe; por eso el leerlos nos llena de una paz inefable.

             En los momentos en que huimos del trajín cotidiano para refugiarnos en su lectura, nos parece que oímos el mensaje del Señor cargado de alegría, paz y perdón; es decir, nos parece que nos llega la respuesta que estamos esperando para dar fin a nuestras necesidades.

             En cada Salmo hay un motivo de gozo y vida, por eso podemos exclamar: “Dios y defensor mío… ten compasión de mi, escucha mi oración” “Ven Señor, sálvame por tu amor, quiero alabarte con todo  mi corazón”. “Yo busqué mi refugio en el Señor” “Cuida oh Dios de mí, pues en ti busco protección .. Tú eres mi Señor, mi bien” “Tú Señor, eres mi fuerza… Tú eres mi protector, mi lugar, mi libertador, mi Dios” “Señor, en ti busco protección… Tú eres  mi roca y mi castillo”. “El Señor es grande . Nuestro Dios es digno de alabanza”.

             Los Salmos ocupan  la parte central de tu Biblia; búscala, léelos, medita en su mensaje, subraya la parte que más te impresiona y trata de interpretar su mensaje.

 

Oración: Gracias Señor, te damos por todo cuanto nos das y enseñas. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment