Thursday, September 17, 2020

 

Thursday, September 17

FREE TELEPHONE CALLS

JEREMIAH 33:1-11

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. (NIV)

Jeremiah 33:3

 The first time I heard that God had free telephone access was from the mouth of one of my best friends, converted to Christ by my mother’s evangelistic labors. This truth I could verify when he came to Havana with a scholarship to eighth grade in 1964 without carrying a Bible in his suitcase - as my mother wisely instructed me - but applied it in actions of service among those with whom he lived.

 From my foster hometown I came, praying to the Celestial Father so I could go to church every Sunday. I didn’t know that I was asking the impossible, since the passes would be for once a month.

 Even though I wasn’t a militant, a week later the UJC nominated me, along with anther fellow from among more than a thousand scholars, asking if we wanted to take a course at the ENA to become art instructors. We went out on Fridays because the classes were on Saturdays, and we returned on Mondays so that I could attend church on Sundays at Luyano or First Havana.   

 God is almighty. Hallelujah!  

 Jeremiah 29: 13 says. “…and they will seek me and will find me, because they seek me with all their heart.” In the Bible the word “heart” appears 873 times; in Jeremiah some 50 times, which gives us the key: that everything we put into play has to be with the maximum heart, in faith, hope and love.   

  

Prayer: Thank you God for your power when we cry out from the heart for your glory and honor, knowing that we can do everything in your Son who strengthens and empowers us to be faithful to you every day. In his name we ask it. Amen.  

Translation by John Walter


Septiembre 17,  jueves

LLAMADAS TELEFONICAS GRATUITAS

JEREMIAS 33:1-11

Llámame, y te responderé; y te mostraré cosas grandes y misteriosas que tu no conoces”

Jeremías 33:3

             La primera vez que oí que Dios tenía acceso telefónico gratis fue en boca de uno mis mejores amigos, convertido a Cristo bajo la labor evangelística de mi madre. Esta verdad la pude constatar cuando venía para La Habana becado para 8vo Grado, en 1964, sin llevar la Biblia en la maleta como mi madre sabiamente me instruyó, sino aplicarla en acciones de servicio entre quienes conviviría.

             Desde mi pueblo de crianza venía orando al Padre Celestial para que pudiera ir a la iglesia todos los domingos. Desconocía que estaba pidiendo lo imposible pues los pases serían una vez al mes. A la semana, la UJC, aun no siendo yo militante, me propuso junto a otro más, entre más de mil becarios, si quería pasar un curso en la ENA para convertirnos en instructores de arte; salíamos los viernes pues las clases eran los sábados y regresábamos los lunes; así podía asistir los domingos a la iglesia, en Luyanó o Habana Primera. Dios es todopoderoso. ¡Aleluya!

            Jer 29:13 dice: “…y me buscarán y me encontrarán, porque me buscarán de todo corazón”. En la Biblia la palabra corazón aparece 873 veces (en Jeremías  unas 50) lo cual nos da la clave que todo lo que pongamos en acción tiene que ser con el máximo corazón, en FE, ESPERANZA Y AMOR.

 

Oración: Gracias Dios por tu poder cuando clamamos de corazón para Tu Gloria y Honra. El saber que todo lo podemos en Tu Hijo que nos fortalece nos potencia a serte fieles cada día.  En Su nombre te lo pedimos. Amén.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment