Saturday, September 12, 2020

Saturday, September 12; AFFLICTION AND TIME

 

September 12,  Saturday

AFFLICTION AND TIME

1 THESSALONIANS 5:1-11

...the present suffering is nothing compared to the coming glory that is going to revealed to us.

Romans 8:18 (CEB)

 

            Even though human beings are part of the animal kingdom (the most perfect in nature)there is something inside that tells us there are very deep differences between us and the animals.

             And from these deep differences that separate us from the animals and bring us closer toGod, the Lord wants us to contemplate our sufferings: the future life and eternal glory.

             My sufferings today are nothing if I think of the bliss that awaits me with my Lord. My present sorrows are like a storm in a glass of water when compared with the happiness and coming glory that God will pour out on us when we are in His presence, in the kingdom of heaven. For this I suffer selflessly and wait for the day of the Lord and have joy in my afflictions like the Apostle Paul because that is when we can feel the Spirit of God closest to us.

  

Prayer: Oh God, forgive if sorrows erase trust in you from my heart. Bless me so that your glory enlightens me, and I can victoriously overcome and be a faithful witness of Jesus. Amen.

Translation by Pat Metcalf


Septiembre 12,  sábado

LA AFLICCION Y EL TIEMPO

1 TESALONISENSES 5:1-11

 

...las aflicciones del tiempo presente no son comparablescon la gloria venidera que en nosotros ha de manifestarse

 Romanos 8:18

             A pesar de que los seres humanos pertenecemos al reino son animal (los más perfectos de la naturaleza), hay un algo interior que nos dice que entre nosotros y los animales hay diferencias muy profundas.

             Y desde esas diferencias profundas que nos separan de los animales y nos aproximan a Dios es  que el Señor quiere que contemplemos nuestras aflicciones: la vida futura y la gloria eterna.

             Mis aflicciones  de hoy son nada si yo pienso en la bienaventuranza que me espera junto a mi Señor. Mis dolores del presente son una tempestad en un vaso de agua cuando los comparo con las alegrías y la gloria venidera que Dios derramará en nosotros cuando estemos en su presencia, en el Reino de los Cielos. Por eso abnegadamente sufro y espero el día del Señor y me gozo como el Apóstol Pablo en mis aflicciones, porque es cuando más cerca de nosotros podemos sentir al Espíritu de Dios.

 

Oración: Oh Dios, perdónanos si las penas borran de mi corazón la confianza en ti. Bendíceme para que tu gloria me ilumine y yo pueda sobreponerme victoriosamente y ser un testigo fiel de Jesús. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment