Tuesday, October 5, 2021

October 5, Tuesday

Anniversary of Prince of Peace Presbyterian Reformed Church (Caibarién)

AFFLICTION IN TIMES OF STRESS

Psalm 121:1-8

My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.

Psalm 121:2 (NRSV)

            Sometimes I feel like I’m drowning in my own stress; my feeling is wrapped in a whirlpool that traps and dilutes me in a fury of agony that makes me faint. I don’t understand how it came and how it settled on me without being prevented, but I feel like it hurts me and robs me of peace. It is difficult to say how I feel: full of uncertainty, my faith diminishes, I tear myself in the cry of desire, I want this to happen now,  but it is still there. Days go by, worries grow and my wailings  increase. I don’t stop praying. 

            This beautiful reflection fell into my hands some time ago. I would like to share it with you because it helps me feel better in these circumstances:

“There are days that we feel strong like Joshua and Caleb, ready for the war.

There are days that we’d prefer to hide in a cave like Elías.

There are days that we want to sing like David and Miriam

 There are days we want to cry like Ana.

There are days we have faith like Abraham to win everything, and defeat armies. There are days when we lift our eyes to the hills and ask ourselves:

From where will my help come?

That’s not to say we are strong or weak. We are simply humans and limited, absolutely dependent on God. In Him are our strength and hope.”.

 

Prayer: Lord, help me. Increase my faith in your providence,  so that I can hope in you. It is in the middle of trials when I understand that in times of affliction, stress only leaves at the foot of the Master. Amen

Translation by Pat Metcalf

 

 

 

Octubre 5, martes

Aniversario de la IPR “Príncipe de Paz” (Caibariéén)

LA AFLICCION EN TIEMPOS DE ESTRÉS

Salmo 121:1-8

Mi socorro viene de Jehová, que hizo los cielos y la tierra

Salmo 121:2

            A veces siento que me ahogo en mi propio estrés; mi sentir se ve envuelto en un remolino que me atrapa y me diluye en el furor de la agonía que me hace desmayar. No entiendo cómo vino y cómo se instaló en mí sin evitarlo, pero siento que me hace daño y me roba la paz.  Es difícil decir cómo me siento: lleno de incertidumbre, mengua mi fe, me rasgo en el llanto de mi deseo, quiero que esto pase ya, pero sigue ahí. Pasan los días, crece la preocupación y aumentan mis lamentaciones. No dejo de orar.  Hace algún tiempo cayó en mis manos esta bella reflexión que me gustaría compartir con ustedes, porque me ayuda cuando me siento en esas circunstancias:

“Hay días que nos sentimos fuertes como Josué y Caleb, listos para la guerra. Hay días que preferimos escondernos en la cueva como Elías.

Hay días que queremos cantar como David y Miriam. Hay días que queremos llorar como Ana.

Hay días que tenemos fe como Abraham para ganar todo, y derrotar ejéércitos. Hay días que levantamos los ojos a los montes y nos preguntamos: ¿de dónde vendrá mi socorro?

Eso no quiere decir que seamos fuertes o débiles. Somos simplemente humanos y limitados dependientes absolutos de Dios. En Él están nuestras fuerzas, valor y esperanza”.

 

Oración: Señor, ayúdame. Aumenta mi fe en tu providencia, que pueda esperar en ti. Es en medio de la prueba cuando comprendo que el estrés en tiempos de aflicción sólo se quita a los pies del Maestro. Amén.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment