Saturday, October 23, 2021

Saturday, October 23

THE POTTER AND I

Isaiah 30:14

You shall break them with a rod of iron, and dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.

Psalm 2:9 (NRSV)

            One of my favorite hymns is the one that says, “Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way! Thou art the Potter, I am the clay. Mold me and make me after Thy will; While I am waiting, yielded and still.” (English version.) It is a beautiful hymn with inspired words and music. However, when God is breaking us in order to shape us into what he wants, do we feel the same way? Let’s meditate on this beautiful poem:

Praying one day, I said to my Lord:

You are the potter, and I am am the clay

Shape my life as you desire

Do as you will; make me a new being.

He said: you don’t please me. I’m going to break you

And I’m going to transform you into a new glass

But in the process I’m going to make you cry

Because I’m going to make you go through the fire

I want a smile when everything goes wrong

I want a praise instead of your complaint

I want your trust in the storm.

  And I want you to also learn to forgive.

 

Prayer: Lord, help me to be a good gift to those around me, to give myself fully, to send myself with an open heart, to make you present in the life of my neighbor and by my being to fill his life with your presence, to ask for forgiveness and to forgive, to help my neighbor, to serve him. Let my prayer be a meeting with you every day. Cleanse me, shape me, by means of your Holy Spirit. Amen.

 

Translation by John Potter

 

Octubre 23,  sábado

EL ALFARERO Y YO

Isaías 30:14

Los quebrantarás con vara de hierro; como vasija de alfarero los desmenuzarás.

Salmo 2:9

              Uno de mis himnos preferidos es el que dice: “Haz lo que quieras de mí Señor, tú el alfarero, yo el barro soy, dócil y humilde anhelo ser. Cúmplase siempre en mí tu querer”. Es un lindo himno, con letra y música inspiradoras. Pero ¿¿pensamos igual en ese momento donde Dios literalmente nos está rompiendo para moldearnos en lo que Él quiere convertirnos? Meditemos en este hermoso poema:

“Un día orando  le dije a mi Señor:

Tú el alfarero,  y yo el barro soy

Moldea mi vida  a tu parecer,

Haz como tú quieras,  hazme un nuevo ser

Me dijo: No me gustas. Te voy a quebrantar

Y en un vaso nuevo  te voy a transformar

Pero en el proceso te voy a hacer llorar

Porque por el fuego te voy a hacer pasar

Quiero una sonrisa cuando todo va mal

Quiero una alabanza en lugar de tu quejar

Quiero tu confianza en la tempestad

 Y quiero que aprendas también a perdonar"

 

Oración: Señor, ayúdame a ser un buen regalo para los demás, a donarme plenamente, a entregarme con el corazón abierto, a hacerte presente en la vida del prójimo y llenar su vida de tu presencia por medio mío, a pedir perdón y perdonar, a ayudar al prójimo, a servirle. Permite que mi oración sea un encuentro contigo cada día. Lávame, moldéame y transfórmame por medio de tu Santo Espíritu. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment