Saturday, October 9, 2021

 Saturday, October 9

CROSSING THE VALLEY

Psalm 18:1-6

In my distress I called to the Lord; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears.  (NIV)

Psalm 18:6

            Sometimes, although my faith has not totally dissipated, I feel weakness, fear, pain and weariness. But I do not want to falter for the sake of attaining a good harvest.

            The valley of darkness which I am passing through seems endless, but there is the Good Shepherd who helps me cross it. I have felt the inclination to leave, to run and fly far away, but He tells me “No.” Rather, I am to go forward since the harvest will be great.  Yet I am feeling apart, my saddened soul, experiencing the battering of a forceful storm, is crumbling like a sand castle battered by the sea. Where is my strength, my smile, my joy? I don’t want to lose them, but I am exhausted and fatigued. I pray, seeking the sweet refuge in the wounds of Christ. only He tells me that when I’m weakest I will be stronger in Him, In the midst of pain and discomfort his voice inspires me and gives me courage.    

            I know I can! I don’t know how many kilometers or meters remain in this valley, I only know that wherever He may find me, He is my strength. 

 

Prayer: I have faith, Lord, because your plans for my life are always better than mine. Thank you for not letting me fall, for sustaining me in the middle of the valley. Amen.

 

Translation by John Walter

 

 

Octubre 9,  sábado

ATRAVESANDO EL VALLE

Salmo 18:1-6

En mi angustia invoqué a Jehová, y clamé a Dios. Él oyó mi voz desde su templo, y mi clamor llegó delante de él, a sus oídos.

Salmo 18:6

            En ocasiones, aunque mi fe no se ha desvanecido totalmente, siento debilidad, temor, dolor y cansancio. Pero no quiero desmayar por tal de alcanzar una buena cosecha.

            El valle de sombras que estoy pasando parece no terminar nunca, pero allí está el Buen Pastor que me ayuda a atravesarlo. He sentido ganas de abandonar, de correr y volar lejos, pero Él me dice que no, que siga adelante, pues la cosecha será grandiosa. Sin embargo, me estoy desmoronando. Mi alma entristecida experimenta el abatimiento de una fuerte tormenta, se desmorona como un castillo de arena cuando es golpeado por el mar. ¿Dónde están mi fuerza, mi sonrisa y mi gozo? No quiero perderlos, pero estoy extenuada y fatigada. Oro  buscando el dulce refugio en las heridas de Cristo. Sólo Él me dice que cuando soy más débil seréé más fuerte en Él. Su voz en medio del dolor, la pena y el desconsuelo, me anima y me da coraje.

            ¡Sé que puedo! No sé cuántos kilómetros o metros quedan en este valle, sólo sé que donde quiera que me encuentre, Él es mi fortaleza.

 

Oración: Tengo fe Señor, porque tus planes para mi vida son siempre mejor que los míos. Gracias por no dejarme caer, por sostenerme en medio del valle. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment