Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Tuesday, February 22

YOU DON’T ABANDON ME

Luke 10:38-42

Martha, Martha, you are worried and distracted by many things.

Luke 10 :41 (NRSV)

            A number of years ago, I found myself in a terrible economic situation which required me to seek work, which I found in the kitchen of a sugar cane brigade. There I made a good salary, made many friends, and of course, my economic situation improved a great deal.

            In that same place I got to know the one who would become my husband, after having spent many years as a divorcée. But after a few months, I was depressed with no spirit whatever, and I realized that it had been a long time that I had not been in my congregation because my job was consuming all my time. One day I dreamed that a voice was telling me to work for Him, and I interpreted the voice to be that of the Lord.

            With great determination and not wanting to exaggerate, I quit my job and began to sell things from my own house, without affecting my participation in the activities of the church. In the year 2017, my husband died, and I experienced an immense sadness. Once more I was beset by doubts about my economic wellbeing. God be praised, I was able to earn the widows’ pension and continued with my little sales, and to this day I have never lacked for life’s necessities.

 

Prayer: My God, may we always trust in you, because you never abandon us. Amen.

 

Translation by John Potter

 

Febrero 22, martes

TÚ NO ME DESAMPARAS

Lucas 10:38-42

Marta, Marta, afanada y turbada estas con muchas cosas

Lucas 10 :41

            Hace unos años me encontraba en pésima situación económica, lo que me obligó a buscar trabajo, el cual conseguí en la cocina de una brigada cañera. Allí ganaba un buen salario, además de hacer muchas amistades y, por supuesto, mi economía mejoró mucho.

            En dicho lugar conocí a quien sería mi esposo, luego de haber estado muchos años divorciada. Pero al cabo de unos meses estaba decaída, sin ánimos para nada; y me percaté que llevaba tiempo sin congregarme porque el nuevo trabajo consumía todo mi tiempo. Un día sueño que una voz me decíía que trabajara para Él, y yo lo interpreté como la voz del Señor.

            Muy decidida, y sin ánimos de exagerar, dejéé el trabajo y me dediqué a hacer algunas ventas en mi propia casa, sin afectar mi participación en las actividades de la iglesia. En el año 2017 mi esposo falleció y fue un dolor inmenso, una vez más me asaltó la duda sobre mi bienestar económico. Gracias a Dios se me permitió cobrar la pensión por viudez y continué con mis pequeñas ventas y, hasta el día de hoy, no me ha faltado lo necesario para vivir.

 

Oración: Dios mío, que confiemos en ti en todo tiempo, porque tú nunca nos desamparas. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment