Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Wednesday, February 23

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Salmo 4

Let the light of your face shine on us, O Lord!

Psalm 4:6 (NRSV)

            Today I want to leave you with this prayer to be a part of our devotional time. Let’s make this prayer real in our lives:

            “Jesus, today you showed us the way with the example of your life, death and resurrection; help me to spread your fragrance wherever I go; flood my soul with your Spirit and your Life; penetrate into all my being and take my life in such a way that from now on it is nothing but an irradiation of yours. Remain in my heart, Lord Jesus, with a union so intimate that  souls that have contact with mine can sense in me your presence and that, in seeing me, they forget that I exist and think only of You.

            “Let me preach your Name with words or without . . . by my example, with the power of  your attraction, with the supernatural evidence of the love that my heart feels for You. Stay with me. So may I become a light for others. That light will come from You; not a single one of its rays will be mine. I will serve you only as an instrument through which you illuminate souls through me. Let me praise you in the most agreeable form, lifting my lamp lit to dissipate the shadows in the way of other souls. Don’t let my lamp go out. May your Light remain for ever.”

 

Prayer: Lord, may we make from this prayer our daily acts. We pray in your name. Amen.

 

Translation by John Potter

 

Febrero 23, miércoles

UNA ORACIÓN PARA HOY

Salmo 4

¡Haz, Señor, que sobre nosotros brille la luz de tu rostro!

Salmo 4:6

            Hoy quiero dejarles con esta oración para que forme parte de nuestro tiempo devocional. Hagamos realidad esta oración en nuestras vidas:

            “Jesús tú nos mostraste el camino con el ejemplo de tu vida, muerte y resurrección, ayúdame a esparcir tu fragancia donde quiera que yo vaya; inunda mi alma con tu Espíritu y tu Vida; penetra en todo mi ser y toma mi vida, de tal manera que no sea en adelante sino una irradiación de la tuya. Quédate en mi corazón Señor Jesús, con una unión tan íntima, que las almas que tengan contacto con la mía, puedan sentir en mí tu presencia  y que, al mirarme, olviden que yo existo y no piensen sino en Ti.

            “Déjame predicar tu Nombre con palabras o sin ellas... con mi ejemplo,  con la fuerza de tu atracción, con la sobrenatural influencia evidentemente del amor que mi corazón siente por Ti. Quédate conmigo. Así podré convertirme en luz para los otros. Esa luz, oh Jesús, vendrá de Ti; ni uno solo de sus rayos será mío: yo te serviré apenas de instrumento para que Tú ilumines a las almas a través de mí. Déjame alabarte en la forma que es más agradable, llevando mi lámpara encendida para disipar las sombras en el camino de otras almas. Que mi lámpara no se apague. Que tu Luz permanezca para siempre”.

 

Oración: Señor, permite que hagamos de esta oración nuestra acción diaria. En tu nombre oramos, amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment