Sunday, March 13, 2022

Sunday, March 13

THE LORD IS MY LIGHT AND MY SALVATION

Psalm 27

To the one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God. (NIV)

Revelation 3:12

            The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom should I fear?

            The Lord defends my life. Who will scare me?

            The evil ones, my enemies, gathered together to attack me and destroy me, but they are the ones who will stumble and fall.

            Although an army may surround me, my heart will not have fear; although they prepared to attack me I will remain tranquil.

            Only one thing have I asked the Lord, only one thing I desire: to be in the Temple of the Lord all the days of my life, to worship him in his Temple and contemplate his beauty.

            When evil days come the Lord will give me shelter in his Temple, beneath his shadow he will protect me. He will keep me safe upon a rock!

            Then I will be able to raise my head above my enemies; then I will be able to offer sacrifices in the Temple and shout for joy and sing hymns to the Lord.

            I shout to you Lord, hear me! Have compassion on me, answer me!

            Lord, show me your way, guide me on the good path for my enemies are near; do not hand me over to their will, for false and vile witnesses have risen against me. But I am convinced I will come to see the goodness of the Lord throughout this life. Trust in the Lord! Yes, have courage, do not be discouraged!

 

Prayer: Beloved Father, we ask that you continue being our light and our salvation. Keep us from evil. Amen.

 

Translation by John Walter

 

 

Marzo 13, domingo

EL SEÑOR ES MI LUZ Y MI SALVACIÓN.

Salmo 27

A los que salgan vencedores les daré que sean columnas en el templo de mi Dios, y nunca más saldrán de allí; y en ellos escribiré el nombre de mi Dios.

Apocalipsis 3:12

            El Señor es mi luz y mi salvación, ¿de quién tendré miedo?

            El Señor defiende mi vida, ¿quién me atemorizará?

            Los malvados, mis enemigos, se juntan para atacarme y destruirme; pero ellos son los que tropiezan y caen.

            Aunque un ejército me rodee, mi corazón no tendrá miedo; aunque se preparen para atacarme, permaneceré tranquilo.

            Solo una cosa he pedido al Señor, solo una cosa deseo: estar en el templo del Señor todos los días de mi vida, para adorarle en su templo y contemplar su hermosura.

            Cuando lleguen los días malos, el Señor me dará abrigo en su templo; bajo su sombra me protegerá. ¡Me pondrá a salvo sobre una roca!

            Entonces podré levantar la cabeza por encima de mis enemigos; entonces podré ofrecer sacrificios en el templo, y gritar de alegría, y cantar himnos al Señor.

            A ti clamo, Señor, ¡escúchame! Ten compasión de mí, ¡respóndeme!

(. . .)

            Señor, muéstrame tu camino, guíame por la buena senda a causa de mis enemigos; no me entregues a su voluntad, pues se han levantado contra mí testigos falsos y violentos. Pero yo estoy convencido de que llegaré a ver la bondad del Señor a lo largo de esta vida. ¡Ten confianza en el Señor! ¡Ten valor, no te desanimes! ¡Sí, ten confianza en el Señor!

 

Oración: Padre amado, te pedimos que continúes siendo nuestra luz y nuestra salvación. Guárdanos del mal. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment