Saturday, August 20, 2016

Saturday, August 20 TEN COMMANDMENTS OF A CHILD MATTHEW 18:10-14

Saturday, August 20

TEN COMMANDMENTS OF A CHILD
MATTHEW 18:10-14

Take care that you do not despise one of these little ones; for, I tell you,
 in heaven their angels continually see the face of my Father in heaven.
Matthew 18:10

Sometimes we treat our children as if they were adults, and we fail to have the patience to teach, train and protect them. Moreover, we often overprotect them, denying them space to be independent. Today is a day to reflect on the manner in which we guide the steps of our sons and daughters. Let’s pay attention to the voices of the littlest ones who tell us:

1 - My hands are small, so please don’t expect perfection when I make my bed, draw a picture or throw a ball. My feet are small so please walk more slowly so that I can go with you.

2 - My eyes haven’t seen as much of the world as you have, so please, let me explore and don’t place unnecessary boundaries on me.

3 – Your work will always be there, but I will be small only for a short while, so please take the time to help me understand the wonderful things of this world, and do it with joy.

4 - My feelings are fragile, so please pay attention to my needs. Don’t challenge me all the time (you wouldn’t like to be challenged for being so harsh.) Treat me as you would like to be treated.

5 - I am a special gift of God; please treasure me as God intended you to do, respecting my actions, giving me principles and values with which to live and teaching me lovingly.

6 - To grow, I need your support and your enthusiasm, not your criticism. Please don’t be so strict; you can criticize the things I do without criticizing me.

7- Please, give me the freedom to make my own decisions. Allow me to be wrong so that I can learn from my mistakes; then in the future I will be prepared to make the decisions that life requires of me.

8 - Please don’t do everything for me. Somehow, it makes me feel as if my efforts don’t meet your expectations. I know it’s difficult, but stop comparing me with my brother or my sister.

9 - Don’t be afraid to get away from me for a while. Children need time away from their parents as much as parents need time away from their children.

10- Take me to church or give me examples of spiritual life.  I enjoy learning.

Prayer: We pray, Lord, for our sons and daughters. We also pray for those children who suffer, for those who have no family, nor love, nor food, nor health. Take care of them, for they are our most precious treasures. Amen.

Translated by John Potter

DIEZ MANDAMIENTOS  DE UN NIÑO
MATEO 18:10-14

Mirad  que no menospreciéis a uno de estos pequeños, porque os digo que sus ángeles en los cielos ven siempre el rostro de mi padre que está en los cielos
Mateo 18:10

En ocasiones tratamos a nuestros niños como si fueran personas adultas y nos falta la paciencia para educar, enseñar, guiar. En muchas ocasiones también los sobreprotegemos negándoles espacios de independencia. Hoy es un día para reflexionar en la manera en que conducimos los pasos de nuestros hijos e hijas. Pongamos atención a las voces de los más pequeños que nos dicen:
1- Mis manos son pequeñas, por favor no esperes perfección cuando  tiendo la cama, hago un dibujo o lanzo la pelota. Mis piernas son pequeñas, por favor camina más lento para que pueda ir junto a ti.
2- Mis ojos no han visto el mundo como tú lo has visto, por favor, déjame explorarlo, no me limites innecesariamente.
3- El trabajo siempre estará allí. Yo seré pequeño sólo por un corto tiempo, por favor, tómate un tiempo para explicarme las cosas maravillosas de este mundo y hazlo con alegría.
4- Mis sentimientos son frágiles, por favor está pendiente de mis necesidades. No me retes todo el día (a ti no te gustaría ser retado por ser tan duro). Trátame como te gustaría a ti ser tratado.
5- Soy un regalo especial de Dios, por favor atesórame como Dios quiso que lo hicieras, respetando mis acciones, dándome principios y valores con los cuales vivir y enseñándome amorosamente.
6- Necesito tu apoyo y tu entusiasmo, no tus críticas, para crecer.   Por favor, no seas tan estricto, recuerda, puedes criticar las cosas   que hago  sin criticarme a mí.
7- Por favor, dame libertad para tomar decisiones propias. Permite que me equivoque, para que pueda aprender de mis errores. Así algún día  estaré preparado para tomar las decisiones que la vida requiere de mí.
8- Por favor, no hagas todo por mí. De alguna forma eso me hace sentir que mis esfuerzos no cumplieron con tus expectativas. Yo sé que es difícil, pero deja de compararme con mi hermano o hermana.
9- No temas alejarte de mí por un tiempito. Los niños necesitamos vacaciones de los padres, así como los padres necesitan vacaciones de sus hijos.
10- Llévame a la iglesia o dame ejemplos de vida espiritual.  Yo disfruto aprendiendo.

Oración: Te pedimos Señor, por nuestros niños y niñas. Por los que sufren, por los que no tienen familias, ni amor, ni alimentos, ni salud. Cuida de ellos, que son nuestros tesoros más preciados. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment