Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Wednesday, September 4 A DIFFICULT TRIAL ISAIAH 43:1-2


Wednesday, September 4
A DIFFICULT TRIAL
ISAIAH 43:1-2

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.
Isaiah 43:2 (NRSV)
            “I think I finally understand how Job must have felt. Sometimes I think that if I only knew how to confront problems, I would be able to deal with them.” I said this in a Sunday School class, and everyone said I was right. But deep in my heart, I asked myself, “Would you really find satisfaction if you knew the reasons for problems and suffering? Would there be any less pain if you knew?”
            There are many difficult situations in our lives for which we have no explanation. It could be that many years must pass before we come to understand them. Perhaps it’s less important to know why we suffer and more important to know that we can trust that God will take us through the evil times, to know that we can depend on the grace and competence of God.
            Sometimes in crisis, the only prayer that we can say is “Lord, help me!” I have learned that even amid the fires of life, we can trust in the promise of God, “I will be with you.” Even in uncertainty we can trust ourselves to God’s love.

Prayer: God, help us to know your presence amid difficulties. Keep us and protect us as we pass through the fire. Amen.

Translation by John Potter


DIFÍCIL PRUEBA
ISAÍAS 43:1-2

Cuando pases por las aguas, yo estaré contigo,
y si por los ríos, no te anegarán. Cuando pases
por el fuego, no te quemarás ni la llama arderá en ti.
Isaías 43:2

“Creo al fin haber entendido cómo debe haberse sentido Job. A veces pienso que si tan solo supiera por qué debo enfrentar problemas, lidiaría con ellos”. Esto fue lo que dije en una clase de la Escuela dominical. Todos me dieron la razón.

Pero en el fondo de mi alma me pregunto: ¿Encontraría satisfacción realmente si supiera las razones de los problemas y los sufrimientos? ¿Sería menos el dolor si tan sólo entendiera?

Hay muchas situaciones difíciles en nuestras vidas, situaciones para las cuales no encontramos una explicación. Puede ser que pasen años antes de que lleguemos a comprenderlas. Quizás es menos importante saber por qué sufrimos; y más importante saber que podemos confiar en que Dios nos habrá de sacar adelante en los tiempos malos; saber que podemos depender de la gracia y suficiencia de Dios.

A veces en la crisis, la única oración que podemos decir es: “Señor ayúdame”. He aprendido que aun en medio de los fuegos de la vida, podemos confiar en la promesa de Dios: Yo estaré con ustedes. Aun en la incertidumbre podemos confiar nuestro ser en el amor de Dios.

Oración: Oh Dios, ayúdanos a sentir tu presencia en las dificultades. Guárdanos y guíanos al pasar por el fuego. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment