Saturday, September 4, 2021

Saturday, Septmber 4

IN QUIETNESS

1 Kings 19:12

The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to keep still.

Exodus 14:14 (NRSV)

            When the routines of life exhaust us, we can rest in God. In quietness we can be sincere, can be free to express what we feel and think; then doubts and worries fade away. My heart is glad when I begin to pray and hear God’s voice.

            I realize once again that I have an option, that I can seek the good and treasure God’s work, that I can help those around me even when I am in pain because God helps me every day. In quiet, I recover my equilibrium, I can stay unshaken in his promises and words, I can trust in Him because everything will be for the best, even if I don’t understand it. As long as we are close to God’s heart, there is nothing to fear. Our only option is to put faith into action; without faith it is impossible to please him. In the quiet, even though we cannot see or hear, God sees us and hears us, because in the quiet God is with us.

 

Prayer: Lord, when I think you are not by my side, remind me that you are above all existence; never let me be too busy to be still and know that you alone are God. Keep us humble; shape our will in order to follow you and serve you with all that we are in order to be good witnesses to your Reign and do your will. Amen.

 

Translation by John Potter

 

 

Septiembre  4,  sábado

EN LA QUIETUD

1 Reyes 19:12

El Señor peleará por vosotros, mientras vosotros os quedáis callados

Éxodo 14:14

            Cuando las rutinas de la vida nos cansan, en Dios podemos descansar. En la quietud puedo ser sincero, puedo ser libre para expresar lo que estoy sintiendo y pensando, las dudas y preocupaciones se desvanecen. Mi corazón sonríe cuando empiezo a orar y escuchar su voz.

            Me doy cuenta una vez más que tengo una opción, puedo buscar el bien y atesorar su obra, puedo ayudar a los demás incluso cuando me duela, porque Dios cuida de mí todos los días.  En la quietud recupero mi equilibrio, puedo mantenerme firme en sus promesas y palabras, puedo confiar en Él porque todo será para bien aunque a veces no lo entienda.  Mientras estemos junto a su corazón no hay por qué temer. Nuestra única opción es poner la fe en acción, porque sin fe es imposible agradarle. En la quietud, aunque no podamos ver ni oír, Él nos ve y nos escucha;  porque en la quietud, Él está con nosotros.

 

Oración: Señor, cuando piense que no estás a mi lado, recuérdame que tú estas sobre toda existencia, nunca me dejes estar demasiado ocupado para no estar quieto y conocer que tú solo eres Dios. Mantennos humildes, moldea nuestra voluntad para que podamos seguirte y servirte con todo lo que somos, para ser útiles testigos de tu Reino y hacer tu voluntad. Amén.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment