Friday, September 24, 2021

 September 24, Friday

RAW INSIDE

John 6:26-35

“I am the bread of life.”

John 6:35 a (CEB)

            Recently everything had been going badly for me. I felt as if I was traveling the wrong way on a street.  The obstacles in my life kept my path blocked.  The more things that did not end well, the more frustrated I became. And the more I ran trying to reach the goal, the more difficult it was finding time with God. 

            Recently our Church organized a fair.  I decided to make a panetela.  It was something fast and something people liked.  I was in a hurry for it to finish baking in the oven.  I wanted to make it quickly.  Then I remembered what had happened to me the last time.  Because I was in a hurry, the sugar hardened like a rock and it was raw in the middle.

            It was then that the Lord helped me to see that I was always wanting things immediately, without leaving time for God to minister to me.  The result: inside I was not prepared.  I was not as spiritually ready as I believed I was.

 

Prayer: Thank you Lord for kneading my inner life anew and filling me with you, so that I can be well crafted from the depths of my soul.  Amen. 

 

Translation by Deborah McEachran

 

Septiembre 24,  viernes

 CRUDO POR DENTRO

Juan 6:26-35

Yo soy el pan de la vida

Juan 6:35 a

            Todo había estado saliendo mal para mí últimamente. Me sentía como si estuviera viajando en una calle en sentido contrario. Los obstáculos de mi vida mantenían bloqueado mi camino. Cuantas  más cosas no salían bien, más frustrada me ponía . Y cuanto más corría tratando de llegar  a la meta, más difícil  se hacía encontrar tiempo con Dios.

            Por esos días en nuestra Iglesia se organizó una feria. Yo decidí hacer una panetela. Era algo rápido y que le gustaba a las personas. Estaba apurada por que se terminara de cocinar en el horno. Quería hacerlo rápido. Entonces recordé lo que me pasó la vez anterior. En ese apuro, el dulce quedó duro como piedra y crudo en el centro.

            Fue entonces que el Señor me ayudó a ver que siempre quería las cosas de inmediato, sin dejar tiempo para que Él me ministrara. El resultado es que en el centro, yo no estaba preparada. Yo no estaba espiritualmente lista como creía.

 

Oración: Gracias Señor, por amasar la vida de nuevo dentro de mí y llenarme de ti, para estar bien elaborada desde lo profundo. Amén.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment