Sunday, June 19, 2022

June 19

Fathers’ Day

THE FATHER’S WILL

Luke 15:18-19

I am no longer worthy to be called your son

Lucas 15:19 NRSV)

            A young man from a wealthy family ended up, due to his lamentable behavior, exhausting the patience of his father, who decided to stop supporting him.

            The young man left home and was falling lower and lower into chaos and sin. One day, when he had run out of money, he decided to enter and rob his father’s house. He said to himself, “After all, what I’m doing isn’t so bad because my father was supposed to take care of me. I’m only taking what belongs to me.”

            On opening the strong box, he found his father’s will and decided to read it. To his surprise he found that he was an heir in equal measure with his brothers of all that was around him. The father whom he had offended had written him into his will. Then he said to himself, “My father loves me and still recognizes me as his son.”

            If you think that God no longer loves you because you are a sinner, you are wrong. God hates the sin but loves the sinner. God is waiting for your sincere repentance in order to give you the glorious inheritance he has promised you.

 

Prayer: Dear Lord, forgive my failures. Receive me back when I have sinned, and give me your forgiveness, Thank you for our earthly fathers and for you, our Heavenly Father. Amen.

 

Translation by John Potter

 

Junio 19

Día de los Padres

EL TESTAMENTO DEL PADRE

Lucas 15:18-19

Ya no soy digno de ser llamado tu hijo

Lucas 15:19

            Un joven de una familia adinerada acabó, debido a su lamentable conducta, por agotar la paciencia del padre, quien decidió dejar de sustentarlo.

            El muchacho abandonó la casa y fue cayendo cada vez más bajo en el desorden y el pecado. Un día, como ya no tenía dinero, decidió entrar a robar en casa del padre y se decía: “Después de todo no hago tan mal, pues mi padre debía cuidar de mí. Sólo me estoy llevando lo que me pertenece”.

            Al abrir la caja fuerte encontró el testamento de su padre y se dispuso a leerlo. Para su sorpresa, vio, que al igual que sus hermanos, era él heredero de una parte igual que la de todos los demás. Ese padre, a quien él había ofendido, lo había inscrito en su testamento. Entonces se dijo: “Mi padre me ama y me reconoce todavía como su hijo”.

            Si usted piensa que Dios ya no lo ama porque es usted un pecador, se equivoca. A Dios le horroriza el pecado, pero ama al pecador. Está esperando su sincero arrepentimiento para darle le herencia gloriosa que le ha prometido.

 

Oración: Perdona mis faltas, mi buen Señor. Recíbeme de regreso cuando haya pecado y dame tu perdón. Gracias por nuestros padres terrenales, y por ti, nuestro Padre Celestial.  Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment