Monday, September 5, 2022

SEPTEMBER 5

AN UNJUSTIFIED DELAY

1 Peter 2:21-25

For “you were like sheep going astray,” but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.

1 Peter 2:25 (NIV)

            Some time ago while having a coffee at a place near my home, I observed a couple having a snack with their teenage sons. Unfortunately, the boys were exhibiting disrespectful and defiant behavior towards their parents and each other. No matter how much the parents tried to communicate with them and make the moment more pleasant, the teenagers responded rudely.

            At that moment I remembered the impertinent attitude I had towards God before I became a Christian. No matter how hard He tried to communicate with me and guide me on the right path, I always rebelled. Every time the Lord whispered in my heart, I refused to listen. Every time He poured out His love on me, I despised it, because I wanted to do things my way.

            And today I ask myself: Why did I take so long to surrender? I caused regret to my God, and to myself. Today I deeply regret that behavior. 

 

Prayer: Thank you Lord, for not abandoning me. Thanks for forgiving me and loving me. Amen.

 

Translation by Pat Metcalf

 

SEPTIEMBRE 5

UNA DEMORA INJUSTIFICADA

1 Pedro 2:21-25

Antes eran ustedes como ovejas descarriadas, pero ahora han vuelto al Pastor que cuida de sus vidas.

1 Pedro 2:25

            Hace algún tiempo mientras tomaba un café en un lugar cerca de mi casa, observé una pareja que merendaba con sus hijos adolescentes. Desgraciadamente, los muchachos mostraban una conducta irrespetuosa y desafiante con sus padres y entre ellos mismos. Sin importar cuánto hicieran los padres por comunicarse con ellos y de hacer más agradable el momento, los adolescentes respondían groseramente.

            En ese momento recordé la actitud impertinente que tuve hacia Dios antes de llegar a ser cristiana. No importaba cuánto Él tratara de comunicarse conmigo y guiarme por el camino correcto, siempre me rebelaba. Cada vez que el Señor susurraba en mi corazón, me negaba a escuchar. Cada vez que derramaba su amor sobre mí, yo lo despreciaba, porque quería hacer las cosas a mi manera.

            Y hoy me pregunto: ¿Por qué me demoré tanto en rendirme? Le causé pesar a mi Dios, y a mí  misma. Hoy lamento profundamente aquella conducta.

 

Oración: Gracias Señor, por no abandonarme. Gracias por perdonarme y amarme. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment