Sunday, November 13, 2022

November 13

Anniversary of the mission church “Ebenezer” (Encrucijada )

IN HIS HANDS

Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this. (NIV)

Psalm 37:5

            Some days ago, I had to undergo a medical test that required the use of general anesthesia. Despite the fact that I had known about it some days before, and had begun to pray, I must say that the truly magical moment occurred at the time of the test.           

            I remember that my last thought before falling asleep on Thursday  was, “Lord, I remain in your hands.” The other thing I remember was awakening still half befuddled, and almost without even knowing where I was. But when I could react, my words were, “Thank you Lord, thank you.”

            I haven’t the least idea of how much time had passed, I only know that in that interval I was in the hands of God!

            To put ourselves in his hands every moment of our lives is a security that protects us from all evil. To place ourselves in prayer should be the first thing that we do on awakening, and the last thing that we do before leaving the house, the first thing we do on returning, and the last thing that we do before falling asleep.

 

Prayer: Lord, I place myself in your hands so that you accompany me in this day, so that you accompany me at night. Thank you, Lord, for returning to my house. Thank you, Lord, for this day that you have allowed me to live. Amen.

 

Translation by John Walter

 

 

Noviembre 13

Aniversario de la Iglesia dependiente “Ebenezer” (Encrucijada )

EN SUS MANOS

Pon tu camino en las manos del Señor, confía en Él, y Él se encargará de todo

Salmo 35:7

            Hace algunos días tuve que realizarme una prueba médica que requería el uso de anestesia general. A pesar de que desde algunos días antes lo sabía, y había comenzado a orar, debo decir que lo verdaderamente “mágico” ocurrió en el justo momento de la prueba.

            Recuerdo que mi último pensamiento antes de quedarme dormida por la anestesia fue: “Señor, en tus manos quedo”. Lo otro que recuerdo fue despertarme medio atolondrada aún, casi sin saber siquiera donde estaba, pero cuando pude reaccionar, mis palabras fueron: “Gracias Señor, gracias Señor”.

            No tengo la menor idea de qué tiempo transcurrió, ni cómo transcurrió ese tiempo. Sólo sé que en ese intervalo: ¡estaba en las manos de Dios!

            Ponernos en sus manos en cada momento de nuestras vidas, es un seguro que nos cubre de todo mal. Ponernos en oración debe ser lo  primero que hagamos al despertar, lo último que hagamos antes de salir de casa; lo primero que hagamos al regresar, y lo último que hagamos antes de dormir.

 

Oración: Señor, en tus manos quedo para que me acompañes en este día, para que me acompañes durante la noche. Gracias Señor, por estar de vuelta en mi casa. Gracias Señor, por este día que me permitiste vivir. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment