Thursday, January 12, 2023

JANUARY 12

PRAYER OF A SINNER

Psalm 102:1-2

Hear my prayer, Lord, let my cry for help come to you. (NIV)

Psalm 102:1

Lord, master of my life, this sinner prays for your understanding; with your infinite love and compassion, satisfy the anxieties my soul feels for forgiveness. Sin, oh God, consumes  me, even to the marrow of my bones, and only your understanding and infinite love are the medicine capable of curing this evil that is destroying me. Do not turn your back, God of my being. You, Father, Lord, are the reason for my existence; your compassion is the spiritual peace that sustains me. Your understanding is the tender love a desperate son needs from his father.

My soul, oh all-powerful God, is greatly battered within me because of the great sins that consume it. Turn your face; extend your saving hand toward me before the tremors in which I’m sinking completely cover this body.

Do not blame me for my sins, oh God, because within me is the doer of what I want, although it works against me. For this, I pray in your holy mercy that you teach me to do and always understand your will.

Judge me, Lord, with your infinite power in your supreme tribunal and save me, oh God, for upon my shoulders I carry the immense burden of my painful existence.

 

Prayer: Lord, hear the prayer of us, your sinful sons. Attend to our desperate cry for your forgiveness. Amen.

 

Translated by John Walter

 

ENERO 12

ORACION DE UN PECADOR

Salmo 102:1-2

Jehová, escucha mi oración. Y llegue a ti mi clamor

Salmo 102:1

“Señor, dueño de mi vida, este pecador te ruega comprensión, satisface las ansias de perdón que siente mi alma con tu infinito amor y compasión. El pecado ¡Oh Dios! me consume hasta los tuétanos de mis huesos; y solo tu comprensión e infinito amor son  la medicina capaz de curar este mal que me destruye. No me des las espaldas, Dios de mi ser. Tú, Padre Santo, eres la razón de mi existencia; tu compasión es la paz espiritual que me sostiene, tu comprensión es el tierno amor que un hijo desesperado necesita de su Padre.

Mi alma, ¡Oh Dios Todopoderoso! está grandemente abatida dentro de mí  por los grandes pecados que la consumen. Vuelve tu rostro, extiende hacia mí tu mano salvadora, antes que la tembladera en que me estoy hundiendo cubra por completo este cuerpo.

No me culpes ¡oh Dios! por mis pecados; porque dentro de mí  está el hacer lo que quiero, aunque obre lo contrario. Por eso te ruego en tu santa piedad que me enseñes a hacer y comprender siempre tu voluntad.

Júzgame Señor, con tu poder infinito en tu tribunal supremo y sálvame, ¡oh Dios!, que sobre mis hombros llevo la inmensa carga de mi dolida existencia. Amén.”

 

Oración: Señor, oye la oración de nosotros tus hijos pecadores. Acude a nuestro llamado de desesperación por tu perdón. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment