Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Tuesday, September 17

TENDER HANDS

Philippians 2: 14-1

 Do everything without grumbling or arguing …

Philippians  2:14 NIV

Every muscle in my body ached that night when I got home from work. I had been standing almost all day. I felt a lot of pain in my feet. When I got home, I was greeted by my oldest son. I went inside, plopped down on the couch next to him and took off my shoes. Without my noticing, my son grabbed my feet and started massaging them.

On impulse I pushed them away. They were dirty and sweaty. But he kept rubbing them with his big, tender hands, chatting and listening to how my day had gone. I thanked him for this act of love he showed me.

When we are brought to meet unpleasant situations, to serve other people, I remember this scene. I take a deep breath and see how God gives us the strength, the skills, empowers us, and surrounds us with people who contribute to serve and help.

Through these acts of service, the Lord reminds me that I too must love and comfort my neighbor.

 

Prayer: Lord, as you place people in my path to help me, may I be of help to those who need me. Amen.

 

Translation by Pat Metcalf

 

Martes, 17 de septiembre

MANOS TIERNAS

FILIPENSES 2: 14-16

Háganlo todo sin quejas ni contiendas…

Filipenses 2:14

Me dolía cada músculo de mi cuerpo esa noche cuando llegué a casa del trabajo. Había estado paradacasi todo el día. Sentía mucho dolor en mis pies. Al llegar a casa, me recibió mi hijo mayor. Entré, me dejé caer sobre el sofá junto a él y me quité los zapatos. Sin que me diera cuenta, mi hijo tomó mis pies y comenzó a masajearlos.

De un impulso los aparté. Estaban sucios y sudorosos. Pero él los siguió frotando son sus manos grandes y tiernas, conversando y escuchando como había ido mi día. Le agradecí por este acto de amor que me demostró.

Cuando somos llevados al encuentro de situaciones desagradables, a servir a otras personas, recuerdo esta escena. Respiro hondo y veo cómo Dios nos da las fuerzas, las habilidades, nos capacita, nos rodea de personas que aportan para servir y ayudar.

Con estos actos de servicio, el Señor me recuerda que yo también debo amar y consolar al prójimo.

 

Oración: Señor, permite que al igual que tú colocas personas en mi camino para ayudarme, sirva yo de ayuda para quienes me necesitan. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment