Monday, September 16, 2024

Monday, September 16

FAITHFUL BROTHERS

Romans 12:5

If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it. (NIV)

1 Corinthians 12:26

I was notified of my mother’s illness while serving as pastor at my church. I had to leave the province to be with her. However, there were numerous tasks to attend to at the church before I left.     

Then several brothers and sisters approached me and offered to help me. They took care of everything. I was able to arrive in time to be with my mother. She died a few hours after I arrived. Thanks to those brothers, I was able to be with her in her final minutes.

When I returned to church a few days later, I realized that my tasks had been faithfully fulfilled. And not only that, they had a group praying for our family.

I am grateful for how they showed me their love and supported me during the days that followed. I was always the strong one. This time they insisted that it was their turn. When I was down and in pain, they understood.

 

Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for the incredibly faithful, dedicated sisters and brothers in our family of Faith. Amen.

 

Translation by John Walter

Lunes, 16 de septiembre

HERMANOS FIELES

ROMANOS 12:5

Si uno de los miembros sufre, los demás comparten su sufrimiento; y si uno de ellos recibe honor, los demás se alegran con él.

1 Corintios 12:26

Mientras servía en mi Iglesia al frente de la misma, me avisaron de la enfermedad de mi madre. Tenía que salir de la provincia para poder estar con ella. Sin embargo, había numerosas tareas que atender en la Iglesia antes de salir.

Entonces varios hermanos y hermanas se me acercaron y se ofrecieron a ayudarme. Se hicieron cargo de todo. Pude llegar a tiempo para estar con mi madre. Ella murió unas horas después de yo llegar. Gracias a esos hermanos pude estar con ella en sus últimos minutos.

Al regresar a la Iglesia unos días después, me di cuenta de que mis tareas habían sido cumplidas fielmente. Y no sólo eso, tenían un grupo orando por nuestra familia.

Estoy agradecida por cómo ellos me mostraron su amor y me apoyaron durante los días siguientes. Yo siempre era la fuerte. Esta vez insistieron en que era su turno. Cuando estuve decaída y llena de dolor, ellos comprendieron.

 

Oración: Gracias, Señor, por las hermanas y hermanos increíblemente, fieles, dedicados en nuestra familia de Fe. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment