Saturday, September 14, 2024

Saturday, September 14

PEACE OF MIND

Isaiah 38:17

You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. (NIV)

Isaiah 26:3

I can’t sleep tonight. I just toss and turn. The decisions I have to make interrupt my sleep. I’m worried about so many things.

So, I pull back the sheet and get up. I go to the living room, turn on the light. And then I open the Bible; and I also open my heart to hear what God is going to say to me.

It seems as if there is no peace in this world. Everywhere, even around me, I see destruction, sin, injustice, and pain. Is it possible to free ourselves from these things that overwhelm us? I want to do the Father’s will, but sometimes I can’t.    

Then I remember God’s word, and his peace comes to me: I give you my peace. Rest in me. I take care of you.

 

Prayer: Touch my mind, Lord, touch my heart. Thank you for giving me your peace. Amen.

Translation by John Walter

Sábado, 14 de septiembre

PAZ PARA MI MENTE

ISAIAS 38:17

Al de carácter firme lo guardarás en perfecta paz, porque en ti confía.

Isaías 26:3

Esta noche no puedo dormir. Solo doy vueltas en la cama. Las decisiones que debo tomar interrumpen mi sueño. Me preocupan muchas cosas.

Así que aparto la sábana y me levanto. Voy a la sala, enciendo la luz y abro la Biblia; y también abro mi corazón para escuchar lo que Dios me va a decir.

Pareciera que no hay paz en este mundo. Por todas partes, incluso a mi alrededor, veo destrucción, pecado, injusticias y dolor. ¿Es posible liberarse de estas cosas que nos abruman? Quiero hacer la voluntad del Padre, pero a veces no lo logro.

Entonces recuerdo la palabra de Dios y viene su paz a mí: Te doy mi paz. Descansa en mí. Yo te cuido.

 

Oración: Toca mi mente, Señor, toca mi corazón. Gracias por darme tu paz. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment