Monday, September 30, 2024

Monday, September 30th

THE LORD IS MY STRONGHOLD

Luke 6:48

And they drank the same spiritual drink, for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

1 Corinthians 10:4 (NIV)

I remember a painting that hung on the wall at my grandmother’s house when I was young. In it was a beautiful woman clinging to a rock while giant waves lashed against the landscape. The tide was tossing enormous waves that shook the woman, but they could never sink her. She was protected by a crevice in the rock. Her face showed a complete confidence as she looked up at the sky.

I asked my grandmother what the picture represented. She explained to me that it showed that God was the rock, and that when we trust in Him, He will be our stronghold, our intercessor during the storms of life.

When terrible storms come into my life, I am often reminded of my grandmother’s picture. That gives me the courage to hold onto the Lord. No matter what I am facing, He always protects me with His powerful hands. No matter how devastating things become, He valiantly hides me in the cleft of the rock.

 

Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for protecting me from evil and harm. Thank you for being my stronghold, my rock and my salvation. Amen. 

 

Translation by Sue Metcalf Smith

 

Lunes, 30 de septiembre

EL SEÑOR ES MI BALUARTE

LUCAS 6:48

Y tomaron la misma bebida espiritual, pues bebían de la roca espiritual que los acompañaba, y la roca era Cristo

1 Corintios 10:4

Recuerdo una pintura que colgaba de la pared de la casa de mi abuela cuando yo era niña. Se veía en ella una hermosa mujer que se aferraba a una roca mientras gigantes olas azotaban el paisaje. La marea lanzaba enormes olas que sacudían a la mujer, pero nunca la pudieron hundir. Estaba protegida en la grieta de la roca. Su rostro mostraba completa confianza cuando ella miraba en dirección al cielo.

Pregunté a mi abuela qué representaba la foto. Me explicó que mostraba que Dios era la roca, y que cuando confiamos en Él, Él sería nuestro baluarte, nuestro intercesor durante las tormentas de la vida.

Cuando las terribles tormentas vienen a mi vida, a menudo recuerdo el cuadro de la abuela. Eso me da el valor para mantenerme agarrada al Señor. Sin importar lo que enfrente, Él siempre me protege con sus poderosas manos. No importa cuán devastadoras lleguen a ser las cosas, Él valientemente me esconde en la hendidura de la roca.

Oración: Gracias, Señor, por protegerme del mal y del daño. Gracias por ser mi baluarte, mi roca y mi salvación. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment