Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Wednesday, October 24 Anniversary of the “Good Shepherd” IPR (Unión de Reyes) THIS IS THE BEST TIME ROMANS 6:1-18


Wednesday, October 24
Anniversary of the “Good Shepherd” IPR (Unión de Reyes)

THIS IS THE BEST TIME
ROMANS 6:1-18

Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness.
Romans 6:13 (NIV)

Some time ago I attended a Holy Communion service. After being in communion with the Lord in prayer, singing hymns, and listening to the preaching of the Word, it was time for everybody to partake of the elements: the bread and wine. I didn’t do it, because I felt that the weight of my sins would make my participation offensive to the Lord. At the end of the service, the Pastor came up to me to ask me about my attitude. After I told him my reasons, he said to me: “There is no better time to come before the Lord than when we feel we are real sinners. Only then can He work effectively in our lives.” I have often thought about those words. They have been useful to me in my relationship with God. Since then I have been able to understand that it is best to present ourselves to God just as we are, with our weaknesses, shortcomings, and defects, and especially the ardent desire to find in Him a pardon for all our sins and the certainty of a rich and true life.

Prayer: Thank you Lord for your forgiveness, which I don’t deserve. Amen.

 Translation by George Meek

Aniversario de la IPR “El Buen Pastor” (Unión de Reyes)

ESTE ES EL MEJOR MOMENTO
ROMANOS 6:1-18

No entreguen su cuerpo al pecado, como instrumento para hacer lo malo. Al contrario, entréguense a Dios, como personas que han muerto y han vuelto a vivir, y entréguenle su cuerpo como instrumento para hacer lo bueno
Romanos 6:13

Hace algunos años asistí a un culto de Santa Cena. Después de estar en comunión con el Señor orando, cantando himnos y oyendo la predicación de la Palabra, llegó el momento en que todos debíamos participar de los elementos: el pan y el vino. Yo no lo hice, el peso de mis pecados y un gran sentimiento de culpa me llevaron a pensar que participar de la Cena sería ofender al Señor. Terminado el culto, el Pastor se acercó a mí para preguntarme acerca de mi actitud. Después de referirle mis razones, él me respondió: “No hay mejor oportunidad para presentarse ante el Señor que cuando nos sentimos verdaderos pecadores. Solo así, Él puede obrar eficazmente en nuestras vidas”. Muchas veces he pensado en aquellas palabras. Me ha servido de mucho en mis relaciones con mi Dios. Desde entonces he podido comprender que la mejor manera de presentarnos ante Dios es tal y como somos, con nuestras debilidades, flaquezas y defectos y sobre todo con el deseo ferviente de encontrar en Él, el perdón de todos nuestros pecados y la seguridad de una vida abundante y veraz.

Oración: Gracias Señor, por tu perdón, a pesar de no merecerlo. Amén.



No comments:

Post a Comment