Monday, December 26, 2022

DECEMBER 26

WOMEN OF OUR TIME

Mark 14: 1-11

Truly I tell you, wherever the good news is proclaimed in the whole world, what she has done will be told in remembrance of her.

Mark 14:9 (NRSV)

            It is said that at a certain age women become invisible, that our prominence on the stage of life declines, and that we become non-existent in a world that only bows to the impetuousness of the young. I don’t know if I have become invisible to the world, it is very likely, but I have never been so aware of my existence as I am now; I have never felt so much the protagonist of my life, and I have never enjoyed every moment of my life so much.  I discovered that I am not a fairy-tale princess; I discovered the human being that I simply am, with its miseries and its greatness. I discovered that I can allow myself the luxury of not being perfect, of having weaknesses, of making mistakes, of not responding to the expectations of others. And, in spite of this, I love myself very much, because I can recognize my worth.

            When I look in the mirror, I no longer look for my younger self… I smile at who I am today… I laugh at the road I have traveled and take in my contradictions. I feel that I must greet the young woman that I was, but also leave it “to one side”, because now the world of illusions and fantasy no longer interests me. How great it is not to feel the uneasiness of running after vain dreams! Life is so short and the craft of living it is so difficult, that when one begins to learn it, life is already gone. That is why today I invite you, woman, to love and take care of yourself as you deserve, because you are God’s creation.

 

Prayer: Thank you Lord, for the blessing of being a woman. Thank you, God, for justice, because you remember my actions. Amen.

 

Translation by Susan Metcalf Smith

 

DICIEMBRE 26

MUJERES DE ESTOS TIEMPOS

Marcos 14: 1-11

Les aseguro que en cualquier parte del mundo donde se predique el evangelio, se contará en memoria de esta mujer, lo que ella hizo

Marcos 14:9

            Dicen que, a cierta edad, las mujeres nos hacemos invisibles, que nuestro protagonismo en la escena de la vida declina, y que nos volvemos inexistentes para un mundo en el que sólo cabe el ímpetu de los años jóvenes. Yo no sé si me habré vuelto invisible para el mundo, es muy probable, pero nunca fui tan consciente de mi existencia como ahora; nunca me sentí tan  protagonista de mi vida, y nunca disfruté tanto de cada momento de mi vida.  Descubrí que no soy una princesa de cuento de hadas; descubrí al ser humano que sencillamente soy, con sus miserias y sus grandezas. Descubrí que puedo permitirme el lujo de no ser perfecta, de tener debilidades, de equivocarme, de no responder a las expectativas de los demás. Y, a pesar de ello, quererme mucho, pues puedo reconocer mi valía.

            Cuando me miro al espejo ya no busco a la que fui en el pasado... sonrío a la que soy hoy.... me alegro del camino andado, y asumo mis contradicciones. Siento que debo saludar a la joven que fui, pero dejarla "a un lado", porque ahora su mundo de ilusiones y fantasía ya no me interesa. ¡Qué bien no sentir ese desasosiego de correr tras sueños vanos! La vida es tan corta y el oficio de vivirla es tan difícil, que cuando uno comienza a aprenderlo, ya se nos ha ido la vida. Es por eso que hoy te invito a ti mujer, a amarte y a cuidarte como te mereces, porque eres creación de Dios.

 

Oración: Gracias Señor, por la bendición de ser mujer. Gracias Dios de justicia, porque guardas memoria de mis acciones. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment