Thursday, March 16, 2023

March 16

GOD’S PARDON WORKS

1 Peter 3:9

For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you

Matthew 6:14 (NRSV)

Before I knew Christ I was a person full of hatreds and remorse, and the saddest thing is that I felt proud of being that way, of my good memory that would not forget received offenses as well as my attitude in showing it.

My daughter, who had already given her life to the Lord, told me at various times, “Mama, one day you will come to know the Lord, and the first thing that He will do is to cleanse your heart of all resentments.” In my ignorance, I laughed and said, that won’t change anything. However, my daughter spoke in the name of the Lord, and indeed that time came when I came to know Him and gave myself to Him.

Today I have a  heart cleansed of all bitterness; I was able to say farewell to my resentments thanks to having experienced divine love. Today, I confess that I love even those I don’t know and those who don’t love me. I also confess that all glory is to my God who has wrought this transformation in me by which I have a forgiving heart endowed with his goodness.

 

Prayer: Lord, cleanse the hearts of your children who have not yet felt the joy forgiving as we have been forgiven, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

 

Translation by John Potter

 

Marzo 16

EL PERDON DE DIOS OBRA

1 Pedro 3:9

Si perdonáis a los hombres sus ofensas, os perdonará también a vosotros vuestro Padre celestial

Mateo 6:14

Antes de conocer a Cristo yo era una persona llena de odios y remordimientos, y lo más triste es que sentía orgullo de ser así, de mi buena memoria para no olvidar las ofensas recibidas así como de mi actitud en demostrarlo.

Mi hija, que ya había entregado su vida al Señor, en varias ocasiones me dijo: “mami tu conocerás al Señor un día, y lo primero que Él hará será limpiar tu corazón de tantos rencores”. Yo en mi ignorancia me reía y decía: eso no lo va a cambiar nadie. Sin embargo mi hija hablaba en nombre del Señor y, efectivamente, llegó la ocasión en la que le conocí y me entregué a Él.

Hoy tengo mi corazón limpio de todo amargura, pude decir adiós a mis resentimientos gracias a haber experimentado el amor divino. Hoy confieso que amo aún a aquellos que no conozco, y que no me aman. Y también confieso que toda la gloria es para mi Dios, quien ha hecho esta transformación en mí por la cual puedo tener un corazón perdonador y dotado de su bondad.

 

Oración: Señor limpia los corazones de tus hijos que aún no han sentido el gozo que da el perdonar como fuimos perdonados. Por Cristo Jesús nuestro Señor. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment