Wednesday, March 22, 2023

March 22

IN HIS PRESENCE

Luke 22:39-46

And now, Father. Glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

John 17:5 NRSV

As I contemplate how the days go by, I get scared. How much time do I spend without God? Or rather, how long do I go without being aware of God’s presence?

The question of God’s presence often arises in a state of suffering: Where is God? Why does he allow this? To which Jesus would tell us: God is not outside, but inside the suffering world. Jesus guarantees God’s presence at the side of every human being who suffers pain, injustice or any other form of evil.

In today’s verse Jesus links his mission with the work of God the Creator. Before the world existed, Christ was already an agent of creation. In the beginning of everything, God not only created heaven and earth, but also foresaw the way to save the fallen creation. That is why I experience in faith in Jesus Christ the feeling of relief that comes from knowing that God does not leave us to walk through life and death alone. He opens our eyes to see him all around us.

Today I am going to take time to discover the divine miracles, big or small, that happen around me, to know again the value of nature, of the things in my personal environment, of my friends, of time.

 

Prayer: Lord, as I contemplate your creative work as the days go by, a feeling of gratitude arises in me and I perceive the sensation of eternity that is in your good hands. Amen.

 

Translation by Pat Metcalf

 

Marzo 22

EN SU PRESENCIA

Lucas 22:39-46

Ahora, pues Padre, dame en tu presencia la misma gloria que yo tenía  contigo desde antes que existiera el mundo.

Juan 17:5

Contemplando cómo pasan los días, me asusto. ¿Cuánto tiempo paso sin Dios? O mejor dicho, ¿Cuánto tiempo paso sin darme cuenta de la presencia de Dios?

La pregunta sobre la presencia de Dios a menudo surge ante un estado de sufrimiento: ¿Dónde está Dios? ¿Por qué permite esto? A lo cual Jesús nos diría: Dios no está afuera, sino dentro del mundo sufriente. Jesús garantiza la presencia de Dios al lado de cada uno de los seres humanos que sufren dolores, injusticias o cualquier otra forma del mal.

n este versículo de hoy Jesús vincula su misión con la obra de Dios Creador. Desde antes que existiera el mundo, Cristo ya era agente de la creación. En el comienzo de todo, Dios no solamente creó el cielo y la tierra, sino que también previó la forma de salvar  a la creación caída. Por eso experimento en la fe en Jesucristo el sentimiento de alivio que me provoca el saber que Dios no nos deja caminar solos por la vida ni por la muerte, y que nos abre los ojos para distinguirle en nuestro derredor.

Hoy voy a darme un tiempo para descubrir los milagros divinos, grandes o pequeños, que suceden a mi alrededor, conocer nuevamente el valor de la naturaleza, de las cosas de mi ambiente personal, de los amigos, del tiempo.

 

Oración: Señor, contemplando al paso de los días tu obra creadora, surge en mí un sentimiento de gratitud y percibo la sensación de la eternidad que está en tus buenas manos. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment