Thursday, August 29, 2024

Thursday, August 29th

CHOOSE LIFE

Matthew 19:17

Jesus said: I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

John 10:10 (NIV)

When I was in fifth grade, I remember having the most difficult experience growing up. My feet were too big. I was the tallest in the whole school, except for one teacher. I felt awkward and not very smart-minded. I did not have good grades, and I was developing a bad attitude about almost everything.

Thanks to one teacher who noticed that problem, I was able to get ahead. She was the tallest in the whole school. One day she waited for me after classes and told me that I was very beautiful in the eyes of God but reminded me that a bad attitude cancels out any good looks. She made it clear that it was up to me to make the choice. There were no excuses.

Now I see the hand of God in this. That lesson of choosing a better life reminds me of my Lord and God, who tells me that it’s never too late to repent of the bad, and choose the good, a change in which I choose life.

 

Prayer: Thank you, Jesus, for being my Savior and helping me to choose the right path. Amen.

 

Translation by Susan Metcalf Smith

 

Jueves, 29 de agosto

ESCOGE LA VIDA

Mateo 19:17

Jesús dijo: Yo he venido para que tengan vida, y la tengan en abundancia.

Juan 10:10

Cuando estaba en quinto grado recuerdo tener la experiencia más difícil mientras crecía. Mis pies eran demasiado grandes. Era la más alta de toda la escuela, con excepción de una profesora. Me sentía torpe y no muy lista de mente. No tenía buenas notas, y estaba desarrollando una mala actitud respecto a casi todo.

Gracias a una profesora que notó ese problema, pude salir adelante. Ella era la más alta de toda la escuela. Un día me esperó al terminar las clases y me dijo que yo era muy hermosa a la vista de Dios, pero me recordó que una mala actitud elimina cualquier buena apariencia. Me dejó claro que era yo quién debía hacer la elección. No había excusas.

Ahora veo la mano de Dios en esto. Esa lección de escoger una vida mejor me recuerda a mi Señor y Dios, que me dice que nunca es tarde para arrepentirme de lo malo, y escoger lo bueno, un cambio en el cual yo escojo la vida.

 

Oración: Gracias Jesús, por ser mi Salvador y ayudarme a escoger el camino correcto. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment