Saturday, August 31, 2024

Saturday, August 31st

I LONG TO KNOW GOD BETTER

Jeremiah 31:34

Let us know, let us press on to know the Lord…

Hosea 6:3 (NIV)

When my husband came home from work yesterday, I could tell it had been a good day for him. He quickly walked toward me with his shoulders back and a great big smile. I know him very well after having been married to him for more than forty years. He knows me well too, sometimes even better than I know myself.

In the same way I know my children and my grandchildren. A certain posture or grimace, a tilt of the head or the way they are walking, all give me a clue that something is wrong. More than that, I see the expression in their eyes. I want to know God that way. I want to hear his whisper, to see things through his eyes. Although little by little I have come to know, for example, that there are things that I do that make him sad. I feel like I have a long way to go in this regard. But the Lord does know me completely.

 

Prayer: Lord, allow me to know you better. Thank you for forgiving me and helping me to change. Amen. 

 

Translation by Susan Metcalf Smith

 

Sábado, 31 de agosto

ANHELO CONOCER MÁS A DIOS

Jeremías 31:34

Conozcamos al Señor…

Oseas 6:3

Cuando mi esposo llegó ayer del trabajo, pude darme cuenta de que había sido un buen día para él. Caminó rápidamente hacia mí con sus hombros derechos y una gran sonrisa. Lo conozco muy bien después de haber estado casada con él por más de cuarenta años. Él me conoce también a mí, incluso a veces mejor que yo misma.

De la misma manera conozco a mis hijos y mis nietos. Cierta postura o mueca, inclinación de la cabeza o un arrastre de pie, me dan una pista de que algo anda mal. Más que todo, veo la expresión de sus ojos. Yo quiero conocer a Dios de esa forma. Quiero escuchar su susurro, ver las cosas a través de sus ojos. Aunque poco a poco he ido conociendo, por ejemplo, que hay cosas que hago que lo entristecen, siento que me queda mucho camino por recorrer en este sentido. Pero el Señor sí me conoce a mí completamente.

 

Oración: Señor, permíteme conocerte mejor. Gracias por perdonarme y ayudarme a cambiar. Amén.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment