Thursday, May 23, 2024

Thursday, May 23rd

MY TESTIMONY

Psalm 48

For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end.

Psalm 48:14 (NIV)

Today, while I write this devotional, I am marking 37 years since I was rushed to an operating room. My head had to be cut open with no medical hope that I would survive, or possibly have the option of being alive, but being blind and an invalid. When I was given the news, I could only look up and tell God that everything was in His hands, that His will would be done. I came out alive, but it was unthinkable, according to the doctors, that I would be able to do all that I am able to do today without difficulty and to which those who know me can testify. My praise to God continues, and my conscious surrender to His will has not been lacking ever since then.

And you, have you meditated on all the things God is doing in your life? Do you share with others those marvelous things God does? In what ways can you exalt and honor God today?

 

Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for accompanying us every day of our lives, for showing us your mercy, for inviting us to serve you. In you, we put our trust that you will always guide us and keep us. Amen.

 

Translation by Susan Metcalf Smith

 

Mayo 23, jueves

MI TESTIMONIO

Salmo 48

¡Este es nuestro Dios! ¡Nuestro Dios es un Dios eterno que siempre guiará nuestra vida!

Salmo 48:14

Hoy, mientras escribo este devocional, estoy cumpliendo 37 años de haber sido llevada de urgencia a un salón de operaciones. Había que abrir mi cabeza sin la esperanza médica de que saliera con vida, o con la opción de viva, pero ciega e inválida. Cuando me dieron la noticia sólo pude mirar hacia arriba y decirle a Dios que todo estaba en sus manos, que se hiciera su voluntad. Salí con vida, pero era impensable, según los médicos, que yo pudiera realizar todo lo que hoy soy capaz de hacer sin dificultades y de lo cual pueden dar testimonio quienes me conocen. Mi alabanza continua a Dios y entrega consciente a su voluntad no han faltado desde entonces.

Y tú, ¿has meditado en cuanto a todas las cosas que Dios hace en tu vida? ¿Compartes con otras personas esas maravillas que hace Dios? ¿De qué maneras puedes hoy exaltar y honrar a Dios?

 

Oración: Gracias Señor por acompañarnos todos los días de nuestras vidas, por mostrarnos tu misericordia, por invitarnos a servirte. En ti ponemos nuestra confianza de que siempre nos guiarás y guardarás.

No comments:

Post a Comment