Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Wednesday, May 29th

God’s forgiveness works in our hearts

Matthew 6:14 and 1 Peter 3:9

“for if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.”

Matthew 6:14 (NIV)

Before I knew Christ, before he entered my life, I was a person filled with hate and remorse. And the saddest part is, that I was proud to be that way, of my good memory so as not to forget the offenses received.

My daughter, who has been going to Church for a long time and loved the Lord, told me on several occasions, “mami, you will really know the Lord one day, and the first thing He will do, if you let him, will be to cleanse your heart of so many grudges.”

I, in my ignorance, would laugh and say, no one is going to change that. But my daughter constantly prayed to God for this. Today I have a healed and healthy heart, without any traces of bitterness; goodbye to resentments. Today I confess my love and respect for those who I know don’t love me, and I try to be a testimony to those around me of God’s work in my life. God heals willing hearts, willing to change and to forgive.

 

Prayer: Lord, may we have the willingness in our hearts to heal, to be transformed and to forgive. Amen.   

 

Translation by Susan Metcalf Smith

 

Miércoles, 29 de  mayo

El perdón de Dios obra en nuestros corazones

“porque si perdonáis a los hombres sus ofensas, os perdonará también a vosotros vuestro Padre celestial”

Mateo 6, 14 y 1Pe 3, 9

Antes de conocer a Cristo, antes de acercarme, yo era una persona llena de odio, remordimientos y lo más triste es que sentía orgullo de ser así, de mi buena memoria para no olvidar las ofensas recibidas.

Mi hija, que ya hacía tiempo iba a la Iglesia y amaba al Señor, en varias ocasiones me dijo: - mami tu conocerás realmente al Señor un día, y lo primero que Él hará, si se lo permites, será limpiar tu corazón de tantos rencores.

Yo en mi ignorancia me reía y decía, eso no lo va a cambiar nadie. Pero mi hija oraba constantemente a Dios por esto. Hoy tengo un corazón sano, saludable, sin vestigios de amarguras, adiós los resentimientos. Hoy confieso que amo y respeto a aquellos que se, que no me aman, e intento ser testimonio para quienes me rodean de la obra de Dios en mi vida. Dios sana los corazones dispuestos, dispuestos a cambiar, a perdonar.

 

Oración: Señor, que tengamos la disposición en nuestros corazones de sanar, de ser transformados y perdonar. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment