Thursday, May 30, 2024

Anniversary of the Presbyterian Reformed Church of Nueva Paz (New Peace)

Thursday, May 30th

“God is always there”

“I sought the Lord and He answered me…”

Psalm 34:4 y Isaiah 66:3 (NIV)

My father was always very special to me because of all the love and tenderness with which he raised me. When he physically departed, I was by his side caring for him. I read the Bible to him and ran my hand through his hair, kissed his forehead and prayed. But until that moment, I had not realized just how close God was, and that he is truly a living God of love.

Something occurred within me, that reminded me of the Lord’s Prayer, which I had learned by heart when I was a girl, and I prayed it once more. Instantly, I could see the great God we have, filling my father with much Peace and so, he departed peacefully from this world.

I left that hospital room and looked for a place to sit down under the starry, early morning sky. A very soft breeze wrapped itself around me and an almost imperceptible drizzle of rain touched me. There was God in a sweet caress, telling me: you are not alone, I am with you, I love you.

 

Prayer: Our Father, thank you for your great, unconditional love for your children. I pray for your mercy and compassion for those who suffer the loss of a loved one. Amen. 

 

Translation by Susan Metcalf Smith

 

Aniversario IPR de Nueva Paz

Jueves, MAYO 30

“Dios siempre está ahí”

“Busqué a Jehová y Él me oyó…”

Salmo 34, 4 y Isaías 66, 3

Mi padre fue siempre alguien muy especial para mí por todo el amor y ternura con que me educó. Al partir físicamente, yo estaba junto a él cuidándolo. Le leía la Biblia y le pasaba la mano por sus cabellos, besaba su frente y oraba. Pero hasta ese momento me había percatado de la cercanía de Dios, y  que es realmente un Dios vivo, de amor.

Algo ocurrió dentro de mí, que recordé el Padre Nuestro, que había aprendido de memoria, de niña y ore una vez más. Al instante pude constatar a ese Dios tan grande que tenemos, llenando a mi padre de mucha Paz y así partió apaciblemente de este mundo.

Salí de aquella sala de Hospital, busqué un lugar para sentarme bajo el cielo estrellado de la madrugada, una brisa muy suave me envolvía y una llovizna casi imperceptible me tocó. Ahí estaba Dios en una dulce caricia, diciéndome: No estás sola, estoy contigo, yo te amo.

 

Oración: Padre Nuestro, gracias por tu gran amor incondicional por tus hijos. Ruego por tu misericordia y compasión para aquellos que sufren la pérdida de un ser querido. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment