Friday, July 12, 2024

Friday, July 12

THE ART OF FORGIVING

Hosea 14: 2-10

Take words with you and return to the Lord. Say to him, “Forgive all our sins and receive us graciously, that we may offer the fruit of our lips”. (NIV)

Hosea 14:2

When it comes to asking for forgiveness, in my mind I automatically sing the song: “Come and see us, God/ come, impart forgiveness/ today we wait for you/ repentant now.”

And I ask myself: is my repentance sincere? What is the limit of right or wrong for God? Isn’t forgiveness, like love, an art? Why am I worthy of deserving it? Could I be able to forgive another person for the same mistakes I have made? Will I commit the same mistakes again?       

How much forgiveness fits in a hug! How relieved I feel when I repent from the heart! It’s like breaking the chains that imprison me, or releasing my burdens. I approach God, I talk to him, I understand that I am not perfect, that reconciliation depends on me, on what I am capable of offering, from the soul, from honesty. And there is God, waiting for me with open arms, to give me his blessing of peace!

 

Prayer: Come, my God, forgive my faults. Renew me. Fill me with your grace and satisfy me with wisdom. Amen.

Translation by John Walter

Viernes, 12 de julio

EL ARTE DE PERDONAR

Oseas 14: 2-10

Arrepiéntanse y acérquense al Señor para decirle: «Perdona todas nuestras maldades, acepta nuestro arrepentimiento sincero, que solemnemente te prometemos».

Oseas 14:2

Cuando de pedir perdón se trata, en mi mente automáticamente entono el cántico: “Ven y míranos, Dios/ ven, imparte perdón/ hoy esperamos por ti/ arrepentidos ya” y me pregunto: ¿es sincero mi arrepentimiento? ¿cuál es el límite de lo correcto o incorrecto para Dios?; ¿acaso el perdón, como el amor, no es un arte? ¿por qué soy digna de merecerlo? ¿podría yo ser capaz de perdonarle a otra persona los mismos errores que he cometido? ¿volveré a cometer las mismas faltas?

¡Cuánto perdón cabe en un abrazo! ¡Cuánto alivio siento cuando me arrepiento de corazón! Es como romper las cadenas que me aprisionan o liberar mis cargas. Me acerco a Dios, converso con Él, comprendo que no soy perfecta, que la reconciliación depende de mí, de lo que yo soy capaz de ofrecer, desde el alma, desde la honradez. ¡Y ahí está Dios, esperándome con los brazos abiertos, para darme su bendición de paz!

 

Oración: Ven, Dios mío, perdona mis faltas. Renuévame. Lléname con tu gracia y sáciame de sabiduría. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment