Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Wednesday, July 10

Anniversary of John Calvin’s birthday

A CALL TO HOPEFULNESS

Matthew 10: 1-7

Jesus said, “Go, rather, to the lost sheep of Israel.”   (NIV)

Matthew 10:6

I invite you to my house, so that we can share bread. Not the bread I have left over, but that which I have and that will fill our hearts with joy because you are with me. I open the doors to you, because you believe in transformations, in the growth of the spirit, in the will and freedom to accept changes.

To what extent are we willing to open our hearts and let in those we don’t know, or those we have a prejudice against?       

I invite you to my house; I offer myself, not to pre-establish judgments; I offer myself to give you peace, to look for you in the desert if necessary, to give you living water, the water that points toward the light. I call on you to hope. The best of all is that we are not alone. We are a lot of people calling to support each other, to help each other, to love each other.

 

Prayer: Lord, from the immensity of your love, distribute hopes, distribute dreams that penetrate the depths of our souls, distribute tenderness. Guide us! Amen.

 

Translation by John Walter

Miércoles, 10 de julio

Aniversario del Nacimiento de Juan Calvino

UN LLAMADO A LA ESPERANZA

Mateo 10: 1-7

Jesús dijo: «Vayan más bien en busca de las ovejas perdidas de la casa de Israel».

Mateo 10:6

Te invito a mi casa, para que compartamos el pan, no el que me sobra, sino ese que solo tengo y que nos llenará el corazón de gozo porque tú estás conmigo. Te abro las puertas a ti, porque crees en las transformaciones, en el crecimiento del espíritu, en la voluntad y la libertad para aceptar los cambios. ¿Hasta qué punto nos disponemos a abrir nuestros corazones y dejamos entrar a quienes no conocemos o a quienes le tenemos algún prejuicio?

Yo, te invito a mi casa; me ofrezco a no preestablecer juicios, me ofrezco a brindarte paz, a buscarte en el desierto si es preciso, a brindarte el agua viva, el agua que indica hacia la luz. Te hago un llamado a la esperanza, lo mejor de todo es que no estamos solos o solas. Somos un montón de gente haciendo el llamado para sostenernos, para ayudarnos, para amarnos.

 

Oración: Señor, desde la inmensidad de tu amor, reparte esperanzas, reparte sueños que calen en lo profundo de nuestras almas, reparte ternura. ¡Guíanos! Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment